What model is this cadillac?

Guest Eduardo

I stand to be corrected, but the closest match is probably 1917 Type 55. The Bonnet louvre style changed after 1917 to a greater number of smaller slots; while the 1916 Type 53 had much larger radius curves at the bottom corners of the doors. Mudguard style is typical of 1916-17. If it is 1917 it should have detacheable head cylinder blocks instead of fixed head, with gasketed screw plugs to service the valves. Those large size Rudge Whitworth wheels are nice, rare today, and certainly used as late as 1922 on the V61, which was the last without front brakes and with a single plane crankshaft. The smoother-running split-plane counterbalanced crankshaft was brought about by mainly Charles Kettering and GM mathematician Hutchinson while head engineer Ernest Seaholm was absent in Europe.

They are definitely Rudge Whitworth design, West, but you would only be able to hazard a guess who made them under licence. Standard Roller Bearing in Philadelphia made Rudge 80 mm size that were used by Mercer, for instance. Rudge 80s on the early 20s 6 cylinder Packards were made by Buffalo, but you can only really tell by what is written on those name discs. Packard used RW 100mm wheels from Buffalo on the Twin Six up to 1923, and also on the first series straighgt 8 from 1923. The main image for the Packard discs is a Buffalo, (charging, I think, rather than feeding). I will check a Cadillac full floating axle shaft against Rudge 100 rear hubs from Twin Six and the Cuff valve Peugeot, but I suspect that Cadillac, like Cunningham and Locomobile, used a larger size than 100mm.

( If anyone needs Packard Buffalo discs, my youngest son Sterling can make them. You have to be fastidious to get perfect product; and most error usually starts with the artwork and fine accuracy of the resist. He is ready to do some Mercer ones for ourselves, and there are no fewer than 7 or 8 discernable differences between original 1918 and 1923 Mercer discs. Other Mercer reproductions we have seen are not within a bull's roar of what they should be.

Guest Eduardo

Thanks you all for yours answers , after look some pictures in the web , i was dubbing because of the wheels if it was 1917.

I invite you all to see my blog , in spanish , where appears a lot of old cars ,( between 1910 and 1923 ) the most of them undentified , you should help me doing it.

Tha address is Fernando Correa Pereira : Un Chileno Viajero y Emprendedor del siglo 20

Eduardo

PS I´ll be asking.

Your other photos are well worth examining, Eduardo.

Fotos 87/88 are of the same car with wood wheels which someone else on this forum with experience should be able to identify. Ten spokes on front wheels and twelve on back will narrow the possibilities.

Fotos 72,74,75,77 &78 are a Hudson with Houck wire wheels. The 1918 Hudson that a friend owned had no shutters on the radiator, so this is probably 1919. It does look a relatively new car.

Someone else may be able to identify the front view of the car on the right of the T Ford in Foto 73

Fotos 68 to 64 are of the same customised T Ford speedster.

Foto 63 has the same speedster with a different T Ford speedster sniffing its exhaust.

The front and rear transverse springs are very specific to T Fords, and the bottom shape of the engine/ transmission is also recognisable.

I hope this prompts other users of the AACA forum to look at your site. Of course, the Fotos are in English, and I know only few Spanish words. (In North and South America, Miotsubishi sell a four wheel drive vehicle as a "Montero". Here, inexplicably, they use a different name because they do not think there are Spanish-speaking people here. Several years ago, one of the most expensive management of our local government area coupled one of those, owned by the community, to his caravan and took his family for 2-3 months holiday in Australias Northern Territory. [ You might be interested to look up Kakadu National Park on the internet, Eduardo ]. Of course, he paid for his diesel with a council fuel card. Why a local government executive did not realise this was corrupt use of the peoples' money I cannot imagine. So the community had a pajero driving a Pajero at their expense.)