Surviving Grouts

Drive over to Orange Mass [thats where the cars were made] historical scioty and talk to walter,,,,hes trying to make a list,,,Cheers,,Ben

• 1 month later...

It seems that there are a fair number in various states of repair. I did discuss it with Walt and it seems that there are no known internal compustion survivors. I would be interested to hear if there are any steamers (complete or otherwise) that will be coming up for sale, or if anyone has seen anything surviving from the various IC models.

• 3 months later...

This thread caught my attention, I know there was a Grout in a retired doctor's garage in Lynnfield, Ma. A dozen or more years back. The doc passed on quite a while back, he was going to restore it, but I don't think he ever did. I want to say it was a steam car. For all I know, it may still be there.---Pete.

• 10 months later...

Hi Ray!, Yes, I remember Arthur very well. I grew up in the small town of Lynnfield, Ma. I believe he bought it from Dr. Worthen years ago, or had it stored in his barn. I remember seeing it there about 40 years ago down on Locust St. in Lynnfield, where the old photo of the unrestored Grout was taken within the cable TV interview, you kindly "patched on" there in your post. Arthur's got to be in his 90's now. I didn't know he ever finished the Grout. He also has a 1918 (?) Lancia roadster. Thanks very much for your post Ray. Best to you, Pete.