Braje header

Guest j.foppe

Guest j.foppe

I have a 49 CD and i'm looking for a Braje header for it. I have a header from Chuck Kohler that i have not installed but looking at it I don't like the way it fits ( too close to the steering/ suspension and water pipe at the pump ).

Thanks John

Another Crosley person on the forum!!! Great to see you here!!! Have you tried to see if perhaps Chuck will work some trade back to you for the header you have on one of his Braje headers? If that doesn't work, have you tried the Club website ( Crosley Automobile Club Inc.- Home for all Crosley Car Owners ) to see if anyone there might consider a full of partial trade??? By the way, I think you may find that the Braje might fit just as tight as the one you have!!!

Guest j.foppe

I'll give Chuck a call, I didn't know he has braje parts. What do you mean the Braje is also a tight fit ? I looked at some on Ronnie Baumans Crosleys this summer at his open house and they look to route the same way as stock, up and away from the water pipe and steering.

What I meant was that whenever you add anything non stock to something that is already a pretty tight space, you may have fit problems. Braje made some pretty nice stuff, however, no two Crosleys are exactly the same and sometimes you have fit problems even with Braje parts. You also don't know what Ronnie had to do to fit those parts. He is a pretty fine craftsman and does a wonderful job making his cars look nice.

Guest j.foppe

Thanks for the help, I know there will be some fitment problems as I have already found with the 2 " exhaust pipe I'm working on now. Hope to have it on the road soon.

Fantastic!! Enjoy driving it, Crosleys are a lot of fun!!! Perhaps you would consider bringing it to the National show in Ohio next year??? I know it is a long drive from California, but we get more and more West Coast people there every year. There is a very active West Coast Region of the Club and several guys drove in last year. You will find a lot of like minded people who love their Crosleys and we had a lot of fun.