i sold everything and bought that ONE car!

drumyn29

This car is a 40. I think the bulb type headlights threw people off. It seems Willys was one of the very few cars that didn't change to sealed beams in 40 but the styling was revamped.It's also interesting that it was appraised for 45K and the HAMBers thought that was way low.

There is a restored coupe that comes out to Macungie every year and maybe Hershey. It might be the same one Dave A saw but I don't think it's red.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
1 minute ago, intimeold said:

I really appreciate the amount of work you have done.

That being said, you know posting on here; some will have a negative comment. 

I like it 

Quite true, as I posted earlier IF that car did have a race history that could be  documented it could be on the show field at Hershey in Class 24A Documented Race Cars. Bob 

As somebody who has studied Willys for years,  I still don't get the exact details that make one car look better than another.  For example, although it looks like it is high in front,  the rockers look almost parallel to the ground. 

One of my clients obtained a license from the Chrysler Co to reproduce brand new all-steel Willys coupe bodies. He was going to make the 1940-41 versions, which uses the same cab, but different front body panels than 37-39 models (I believe). He asked me to help try to find good original body parts to be used as patterns...but we had no luck. Complete steel cars with all body panels are going for massive prices, and even individual body parts are priced like they were made of inobtainium. I can see why drumyn was willing to work so hard to bring back this shattered shell. Nice work!