1928 Chrysler 72 engine & accessories photos needed

Guest David B

Guest David B

Hi , It has been a long time since I was on this forum......Oct 2009 ! I have had the car up and running for a long time now , but at last now am trying to fit all the electrics , wipers , oil filter ,locks, visor,......and the list seems to go on!

Seeing as it has been so long since I have been fitting bits and pieces to the car, I would love to have some photos of the engine bay to check where all the various pipes , brackets, go , so that is more authentic and correct. If anyone has a restored 72 , or has some of cars with similar engines of that era, could you send some photos to bktbonds@bigpond.net.au

At the time of restoring I did take quite a few photos, but I feel that over time past owners may have changed the layout quite a bit !

I have attached a photo of the car....looks complete... but looks can be deceiving !

Many thanks for your help. Regards ,David.

post-59837-143138713215_thumb.jpg

Guest jkoziol

I have a 1928 Chrysler 72 owner's manual for sale. It's dated August 1927 and is complete, including a fold-out lubrication chart at the end. Condition: water stained but in very useable condition. I'd like to get $25 for the manual + postage from Seattle. Let me know if you can use it or if you know someone else who might.

John :)

jkoziol@pobox.com

Guest David B

Message for Jay : Re photos of engine , and parts supply.

Jay , I tried to return your email re these subjects , but had it returned saying that that address was rejected by a remote mail server.......who knows why ??

Can you please contact me again via forum or another email address. It is more difficult for me to ring from Australia, so would prefer email contact.

Many thanks, David.

Guest jkoziol

Jay,

My email address is: jkoziol@pobox.com

Mailing address is:

John Koziol

14210 209th Avenue NE

Woodinville, WA 98077

Let me know what other questions you have. I will be home today but gone from Sat-Mon. If you prefer to call, my cell # is 425-213-9620.

John

David B................I'll try to help.................you helped me in '09 ..........let me see if I can help you today. Here's a pic of a parts car I have. I am trying to preserve it intack for a pattern. If I need a part I take it off ; yet replace it with the worn out/damaged one from the restoration.

post-34905-143138721388_thumb.jpg

Guest David B

Harry J , Thanks for your info and photos. I have sent a request to the Chrysler Historical Association for info and photos. Do you know if they had a full workshop manual ?.........I suppose they would have had one.

Do you know of anyone that restores/ rebuilds odometers ,amp , fuel guages?

Havent had much luck in Oz .

Best wishes, David.

David, there is no workshop manual for this car. I don't when Chrysler started producing 'SHOP" manuals; however, there were none at this time. There were parts books for the cars of this era and they are helpful. John Wolf restored my instruments (gas, temp, oil pres. etc.) for me and if you refer to my current restorations postings you can see the results of his efforts.

Guest David B

Thanks for the info. I have been on to John Wolf's web page and will contact them re my gauges. May find someone yet in east of Australia, which would make it a bit easier.

I re-chromed the instrument face which was in quite bad cond. This means that the swirl circle finish on the panel (must be a correct name for it) has gone . I suppose they may be able to redo it (at a cost ) .I will ask them. Looks very precise ........big job I assume !May have been done before panel was pressed ?

Would it be best to ask these questions on the technical forum , or other ?

• 2 years later...

Statusman, start a new thread and post some pictures including the various numbers; engine and chassis numbers, casting date numbers etc. If your car is stripped down there should be a chassis number stamped at the far rear left corner of the chassis - only visible when the body is removed.