Making progress

Ken/Alabama

I am at the same point of the restoration of my 39 coupe as you are. I was wondering if those running board pieces on the quarter panels were made by you or are they original. Mine are all rotted away and I have to make them as well as the running boards and running board covers on the doors. Could you post some pics of the running boards and board covers so I can see what they are supposed to look like from top and bottom. It would be greatly appreciated. Dave

I am at the same point of the restoration of my 39 coupe as you are. I was wondering if those running board pieces on the quarter panels were made by you or are they original. Mine are all rotted away and I have to make them as well as the running boards and running board covers on the doors. Could you post some pics of the running boards and board covers so I can see what they are supposed to look like from top and bottom. It would be greatly appreciated. Dave

I had to make new ones on the doors and quarter panels. I will also have to make new running boards that gets covered with rubber. I have done this once before on my friends 39 Coupe. He then sent the running boards to Hunley Acuff in Ga. and he vulcanized new rubber on the steel boards I made. I will get some pics of his finished boards and post them.

Guest hannibalhann

hi,, looks great, i'm working on my 38 coupe's rockers not much left.i acid dip mine took the pain out of it, hahahahahaha larry:)

post-42794-143138713368_thumb.jpg

post-42794-143138713392_thumb.jpg