Best wax & cleaner

414TATA

Wayne, I don't have any experience with a cleaner wax. I have tried other brand/products on my 47 Special and I like the Mothers Pure Carnuba Wax in the red can. It has no synthetic polishers nor cleaners. I get a nice shine and very little paint rub off. I'm not sure how durable it is, as I only wash my car once or twice a year.

-Frank

post-60373-143138712671_thumb.jpg

Guest outlaw car man

If you are an older gentleman, use a good brand liquid wax. If you are a younger gentleman use a good brand paste wax.

I use old school Simoniz paste wax and take a lot of time.

Sandy

OCM

Wayne,

My 41 is also original paint, it was flaking in areas and I wanted to protect the bare metal without having to repaint just yet. I'm using a straight carnauba paste wax. Mothers, and McGuariars makes great products.

Wayne, I don't have any experience with a cleaner wax. I have tried other brand/products on my 47 Special and I like the Mothers Pure Carnuba Wax in the red can. It has no synthetic polishers nor cleaners. I get a nice shine and very little paint rub off. I'm not sure how durable it is, as I only wash my car once or twice a year.

-Frank

Frank

Thanks I have used that Brand which I think was also a cleaner. I will give the non clean version a shot. As you I seldom wash the car. ( worry about possible leaks).:(

Wayne B.

Fresno, Ca.

Wayne,

My 41 is also original paint, it was flaking in areas and I wanted to protect the bare metal without having to repaint just yet. I'm using a straight carnauba paste wax. Mothers, and McGuariars makes great products.

Larry

Thanks, sure appreciate the advice.

Nice "Buick":)

Wayne B.

Fresno, Ca

Guest Grant Magrath

For reviving old paint, I've had great success using Turtlewax Colorcure. Comes in different colors to match your paint and has a little chip stick you can fill chips with. I used the blue one on my 300zx, and the results were amazing!

Cheers

Grant