A-Pillar trim for a 1964 LeSabre Convertible

mercgt73

Hello!

I'm new here, and trying to help get some info for my father's Buick. We need to know what models and years shared the same interior a-pillar trim. We have a lead on some 1964 LeSabre 4-door trim, but we do not know if it will fit his convertible. Any help with this would be great. Thanks!

-Rusty

EDIT: Here is a link to some pictures of the car, I know how much my other forums love pictures! http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/mercgt73/Other%20Car%20Pictures/

Edited by mercgt73 (see edit history)

Guest garys64wildcat

For interior trim, only a 2dr HT or convert will work. Wildcat will fit but is a more deluxe trim than lesabre. 63 and 64 are similar except trim patterns are different. dash is the same for all models of both years. transmission is different for 63-64. 64 has a one year only trans. Anything else I can help with let me know. There are several 63-64 owners on the board and they have been helpful to me also.

Good Luck with your convert.

Gary

I have a 64 Wildcat Convert

For interior trim, only a 2dr HT or convert will work. Wildcat will fit but is a more deluxe trim than lesabre.

Gary, thanks for your help! We will look for HT trim.

We did learn that we have the ST-400 3-speed. Also, we have the two-piece drive shaft, which we thought was only up to '63. I look forward to hearing from other '64 Buick owners.

Thanks again,

-Rusty

Guest garys64wildcat

Also the glass from certain Olds and Ponchos of same body type

All of the convertible parts will also exchange with 61-64 Impalas. That includes windshield trim.

Four door parts won't help.

Also the glass from certain Olds and Ponchos of same body type

Totally true, but I left them out since the Chevy aftermarket is so dominant. (Not better necessarily, just easier to shop than Pontiac B Body parts)

I bought tons of stuff for my 63 Wildcat from dealers who specialize in Impala parts. Just don't tell them you are buying it for a Buick, cuz they won't take it back if you aren't happy with it. Weatherstripping, and door "felts" were much cheaper from Chevy dealers. My conv. top and cylinders all came from the same place that sells Buick parts, so there was no price break there.