1955 Century Paint Code Mystery

packick

I own the 1955 Century shown in the first picture below. On ebay, there is a car the same color as mine shown in the second picture. Both of our data tags show a paint code of BSS which is Dover White on the top, Cherokee Red in the middle and on the bottom. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I am puzzled as to why we both have Dover White on the bottom when our data tag says it should be Cherokee Red? Did both of the cars' previous owners have the bottom painted Dover White? What are the odds? Any guesses as to why the data tag doesn't match the cars’ colors?<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

post-72478-143138692136_thumb.jpg

post-72478-143138692144_thumb.jpg

Guest Straight eight

How about some shots of the doors while they are open? Does the two tone continue, or is the inside of the door show just one color?

I seem to remember a fellow in our club, restoring a 56 or 55. The trim tag and original paint did not match. I think the situation was Buick was getting ready to switch over to the next year, so his 55's tag was for a 56 paint code. Or something along that line, I don't know how he confirmed or proved this. But that was the story.