What should you have brought home?

gossp

My mother-in-law says I should have remembered to go to Chocolate world!

If I had the means, The St. Louis would have been a winner. What a car!

I missed scrapple at breakfast this morning... and,

Why isn't that blue Ford "AR" pheaton in my garage?

But at least my fridge is full of yuengling!

As usual, any number of cars would have been cool; saw an interesting '33 Lincoln "Close Coupled" or club style) sedan that looked pretty good, although still in need of some work. Great cars in the usual tents - Dragone, Hibernia in the green field and the license plate guys in the big tent at the northern end of the Chocolate field.

There was a really interesting large poster size flip chart kind of showroom display featuring the full Packard line for 1939 in the Chocolate field, which is probably the one thing I would have liked but just not enough to pony up something close to the $750 asking price.

I did end up with some packard parts, original owners manual, some gas & oil stuff, and several books so all in all got what I needed, and did not know I needed untl I got it! :)

I did end up with some packard parts, original owners manual, some gas & oil stuff, and several books so all in all got what I needed, and did not know I needed untl I got it! :)

That's my favorite thing, too, Steve. You never know what you need until you see it. Even though I brought my bag of broken bits to find replacements, the list kept getting longer as I saw things at various booths. Fortunately, I succeeded on all counts as far as "must haves" were concerned: One new window crank and one gear for the hand throttle linkage for the '29 Cadillac. I also stopped by at Don Sommer's tent, and inquired about a hood ornament (yes, yes, I know the naked lady is not correct for '29, but she looks so right out there). They didn't have one on hand that would fit my car, but they do make it. If he had been able to put it in my hands, I'm quite certain I would have been unable to resist it.

I also found a grease gun for the Cadillac, an owner's manual, a hubcap wrench, a shift knob, and a few other things I didn't even know I needed but that I'm quite pleased with.

And yes, that '33 Lincoln was handsome, wasn't it? It's about $50,000 away from being done, but what a looker! And who wouldn't love to travel the country in that early GMC motorhome with the back porch. Awesome!

That Lincoln club sedan was tempting to me also, particularly since I could do the upholstery, which is a pretty good chunk of the $50,000 missing. Body work and paint would have been substantial, though, and some chrome still left to do....but what an engine!!

The early brass Premier touring would have been my choice, though, money no object (which, for some reason, always seems to BE the object....)

I would have risked divorce, but if I had happened on the '66 Impala Sport Sedan in the car corral about 10 minutes earlier than I did, I would have bought it. It sold while I was looking at it. It was an exact duplicate of the Impala my parents bought new in October '66 right down to the plastic seat covers on it - just like the ones my father had put on about a month after he bought the car. Mist blue, 283, powerglide, power steering, AM radio, white walls and wheel covers. They paid $3425 for it less $1025 for their '59 Impala trade in. This one, with 17K original miles and a broken turn signal switch sold for around $12,500.