My 36th Hershey

Steve Braverman

Seeing the candy in hand Steve, a Museum worker commented to me when she saw my Snickers bar in my bag...."This is a Hershey town not MARS!":eek:

I could have been from Mars the way she looked at me!:(

No, just kidding, and she was too. Heck, if it's chocolate, I'll eat it, no matter who makes it.;)

I did tell her I'd leave it hidden in the bag.:D

Cute kids, by the way Steve. You're bringing them up right.

Wayne

Another great year; brought home some Packard bits and some gas and oil stuff, and lots of visiting. literally ran into West as we were both focusing on Packard parts in the green field, and saw quite a few other forum regulars as well. I go with my dad every year, a great tradition for us. My legs reminded me I am closing in on 50...

Auburnseeker, I did not figure it out until later, but I think I saw you in the Chocolate field south, "Alsancle" his mom & I were working on getting some sun in their spot and you were asking about unrestored Auburns. We discussed a roadster that had been on this board a few weeks ago, and you moved on. If you and the Mrs. are both on the taller, leaner side I think that would have been you!

Hope all enjoyed the meet as much as I did!

Steve_Mack_CT , Yup that was us. I wish I would have made the connection then and said a proper hello and introduced the Mrs. Maybe we should all walk around with our Avitars on a shirt and username. Then we would know one another when we met. I didn't find the right Auburn yet, Although I still have some leads my cart sign turned up to pursue.

I remember the talk. I'm still trying to picture the faces. You had a few Auburn parts you were selling. A nice dash panel I kick myself for not buying if I'm not mistaken. Although without the car it would just be a wall hanger.

I always tell my wife, I know people by what they drive before I can identify them by their face.

I think I ran into a few regulars on this site while I was there.

Bingo - the booth was Alsancle's, I was merely helping to keep one of their chairs from blowing away for an hour or so... Figured it out as I was thinking of who I ran into and who I missed this year (SteveB; Cocco-Hinson-Roth,Owen Dynetto, a couple others I am sure) and at some point in the conversation you mentioned being from upstate NY.

I wore the GSD hat a couple days that is essentially the same as my "avatar", then I think Laferriere Classic Cars...

It is too bad I didn't compute that faster, as A.J. (Alsancle) had just introduced me to Curti, another forum regular who I understand is a big Auburn guy!

One more quick story, I sit down to lunch thursday at a bench and strike up a conversation with a gent who owns 2 or 3 Continentals. SO I say, well, I do not know him except via the Internet but do you know Barry Wolk, who recently acquired a 33 Continental? They met the previous weekend at the Orphan Show Barry posted on in the main forum!

Just goes to show it is a small world indeed - half the fun of Hershey is the people for sure!

My first trip to Hershey occurred sometime in the mid 50's when my father took me in a camper trailer about the size of a pickup bed. We parked on the hill above the stadium and the entire show was in the infield. I have attended ever year since except when called upon by Uncle Sam during the mid 60's. This year for the first time I had two of my cars in the show at the same time an 1899 Crouch and 1908 Stanley. My son was born Sept 26, 1976 attended that year and has never missed since, he wasn't much help that first year but it didn't take him long. One of the most memorable occasions was when the was quite young and we had spaces in the old red field on high ground. After several days of rain he stepped out of our space slid on the mud and water and started sliding down the slight hill. Near the bottom where the stream was running someone grabbed him by the jacket and picked him up. His Mother was not amused when he wanted to do it again.

My son (32) went with me again this year which was his second trip; his first was 5 years ago. I never knew he had any interest in cars or anything else in Hershey, but he had a really good time both years. He is an excellent cartoonist and has done some fantastic drawings but also wants to try airbrushing. We met an automotive artist in Chocolate and he spent about 1/2 hour talking talking to him on Friday and again Saturday morning. I hope it works into something for him.