Bringing a Distinctive Set of Tires to HERSHEY

Wowabunga

I have a full set of "much talked about" tires safely tucked into the back of my SUV arriving late Tuesday. Over the years I've heard tell of these cool tires and have always wanted to see a set up close and in person.... this summer not only did I get my wish, I now have them in hand.

Our vending spaces are easy to find in the Green Field ( GCE 42-45 ) and all you have to do is start at the Giant Center front doors and head towards the car corral, our spaces are on the end of the row and very near the beginning of the car corral.

As always I'll have with me a few extra chairs, boxes and benches to rest your weary bones on for a few minutes. I'll post photos once we safely arrive at our spaces Tuesday afternoon.

I have a full set of "much talked about" tires safely tucked into the back of my SUV arriving late Tuesday. ....................................... I'll post photos once we safely arrive at our spaces Tuesday afternoon.

You're really messing with us, aren't you Randy??:D

Here in all it's glory are the tires I've been so excited about: a set of 13 inch tires that I've been nurturing several potato plants in since early June...! I've heard about people doing this in their back yards but had never seen it up close and when opportunity met inspiration here's what it looked like. I started in June with two tires and planted the potatos... after about 12 inches of growth you add more tires and more dirt and the theory is that the vine once covered in dirt sprouts more spuds.

Hershey_2011a.JPG

The tires were quite heavy to load and unload this week. Realistically I could have added another 2 tires on top and the end result would have been more realistic but not as easy to transport. The whole idea behind "potato tire gardens" is saving space... and I think the trend is called "vertical gardening". I know some bubbas who'd call it a good way to disguise all those old tires lay'n around the garage.

On Friday at 5pm we did harvest our taters by knocking them over and counting how many we found. Yes we found taters growing...! I'll be adding video of that colorful event Monday afternoon. We got a lot of attention all week from the many spectators and I welcomed them all to come to the forums here on the AACA website for a video wrapup.