Hershey Access and Parking

bluecollarbill

I will be attending Hershey for the first time this year. I saw and appreciate all the good advice given to the "Hershey Newbie" on a previous post about how to prepare.

I will be staying in Harrisburg and it looks like Rt 322 will be the best way to get to Hershey. Do you veterans have any advice about back roads or short cuts to get to the field or parking suggestions for when we arrive ?? I am assuming getting an early start is important.

Many thanks for any insight you might have.

The best advice is get there early and don't leave. There's enough places to relax now and then, vendors are mostly friendly, worth the effort. Wear the shoes your feet like to be in. You'll work different fields each day. Get there early enough and you can park across the road from each field each day. There are crosswalks that have cops and volunteers working traffic for safe crossing. Other than that, get there early. The Coaco Diner has good breakfast and they open at 6am, they get you in and out quick. Oh yeah, one last thing, get there early.

I have stayed to the east in Quentin/Mannheim and last year to the west in Harrisburg. While there is traffic, it is not that bad. I found that it is quicker to stay towards Harrisburg; coming in from the east, traffic can get really lined up in Campbellton. I don't think you will have any trouble at all. I pay to park in Chocolate World because it's close by and blacktop. Very easy in and out.

Guest Classic

Hello

I was wondering if the field off Hershey park drive was going to be available for parking this year. I know the field can be extremely muddy.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

John

Guest Stonefish

I'm sure they are planning on using the field North of Hersheypark drive...I saw them mowing it on Friday. If I were a betting man...it will get messy in there! I'm not sure if the old White field (runway strip) will be open for spectators or not...that may be the better bet??

Guest Classic
I'm sure they are planning on using the field North of Hersheypark drive...I saw them mowing it on Friday. If I were a betting man...it will get messy in there! I'm not sure if the old White field (runway strip) will be open for spectators or not...that may be the better bet??

thank you Stonefish,

I have parked in the field before. I also have parked in Hershey World and in town.

I guess we will see once we arrive on Thursday.

thanks!

John

Guest Torino75

What is the cost to park at Chocolate World? Didn't know about parking there. Also, you can't always choose which lot you want to park in. We found that out both days. Depending on how you come into the area, you will be directed to a particular field to park in, no choice. We wound up miles down the road and had to walk miles to even get to a crossing area. So plan wisely for next year. Best bet is to arrive at 7am and bring breakfast with you. That way you can be sure to park where you WANT to park. Also, one other question: Who gets the $12 per vehicle parking fee? Does AACA benefit from any of it? We were trying to calculate on the way home just how much is made in parking fees x how many thousand of cars each day! WOW!!! That'a a lot I'm sure. I think it's kind of steep but again no choice in that if you wanna do Hershey. Either that or have to limit how many days you go.

Guest olcrow

parking was fair, go to moltrie, ga. daytona,swap meet costs 10$+ per person to get in, still have to walk a mile if your not real early. fun, first time there, only one rude "members tent" too good to even say hello, we arrived at 6:30 each morning, only one car between us and the entrance to the swap meet.