PEERLESS PARTS FOR SALE THREAD

jeff_a

It's interesting to note that the '24 Peerless 6-70 Roadster is not a boattail, like the 1925-27 6-72 Roadsters and Roadster Coupes -- and the sedan is the style with the little "eighth windows" forward of the A-pillar. The 5-P Touring Phaeton is the body style of the only remaining Peerless 6-70. If you are a frequent reader of the Peerless Forum, you know that 6-70 production was 2,786 units. March, 1924 to March, 1925: 1924 and 1925 model years only.

post-49853-143143086985_thumb.jpg

Here's a great picture of a 1924 Peerless 6-70 Roadster.
You've never seen one 'cause there aren't any around anymore.
(you can buy a photo on autolit.com)

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

XLIV.  For all the people interested in Peerless V-8s out there, there is a Peerless Mod. 56 Intake Manifold for sale on e-Bay. This of course, is for the 4-Barrel Ball & Ball brass carburetor Peerlesses used starting in 1917. Price: $200. Looking at his seller's site, it looks like he has the Ball & Ball Carburetor that goes with it, too, for $500.

FS until 9/4/15. Seller is listed as: "58mm_weber_collector" (Signal Hill, California).

• 2 weeks later...

But look at the carburetor-----four separate air passage ways with separate jets, one low speed and one high speed for the left bank of cylinders and the same for the right bank.  The manifold has two passage ways--- one for left and one for right. Four throats going into two passage ways.    Ball & Ball two stage carburetor with accelerator pump.

Not at all unusual.

Schebler had airvalves (primary air, and secondary air inlet ) on most of their single barrel carbs, doesn't make them a two-barrel. Or check out the 5-ball Kingston (or the 10-ball Kingston ;) ). The 10-ball, using this line of thinking would be a 10-barrel carb? Nope, just a single barrel.

And, yes, I am familiar with the Ball & Ball (actually, it is a Penberthy) 2-stage two-barrel. I have one around here somewhere. Penberthy called it a type DV (double venturi) in their catalog. Their single barrel was a type SV (single venturi), but still was two-stage.

The Penberthy DV is one of the earlier two-barrel carbs. However, Zenith had one in 1915, and Stewart (Detroit Lubricator) in 1916.

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

XLV.  On Ebay Motors/vintage parts & acces./Peerless there is a Radiator Shell and a Radiator seller says is for a 1926 Peerless. Weathered, but still has emblem on rad shell, says "PEERLESS". Has single water return fitting at top(different from the one FS on the PMCC website). Harrison radiator. They are asking $500 (auction ends 9/21/15, Monday morning).

Also, there's an Auto-Lite Distributor for a 1927 Peerless 6-60, FS by another seller. (I mistakenly typed "6-61" earlier)

I saw that and it has two water returns for the Peerless V-8.  Looks to be in good shape and worth the money if you need one.  RHL

Getting back to the Ball & Ball carburetor,  About 50 years ago my carb was acting up and I didn't know much about it, I put an ad in for help and a fellow contacted me who was a salesman for the Penberthy Company and had a bran-new Ball & Ball carburetor in the box it came in. He said he kept it all these years just to show these young wipersnappers how advanced they were in 1915 when they came out with this "four barrel--two stage carburetor with accelerator pump."   I bought it from him along with some manuals and he showed me the workings and adjustments.  The salesman called it a four barrel and I assumed that is what it was.   (who cares!)  as long as it works.

• 2 months later...

ADVANCE NOTICE.....................COMING UP FOR SALE SOON........................NOT YET PRICED........................

XLVI.  Some 1930s Peerless parts will be coming up for sale as Bob DeBone of Hawaii finishes the restoration of his 1932 Peerless Master Eight. He will most likely put in his own post here in a while, but they will include a Trunk(poor condition), Oil Filter Cartridge for 13K Continental Engine, Gas Gauge, Ammeter Gauges, RF or LR Window Mechanism, 2 Hub Caps(re-chromed),  Rear View Mirror, Assist Straps, Voltage Regulator, Cooling Fan(vacuum), Steering Column, Window Crank Handle(broken & patched), Door Opening Retainers, Accelerator Pedal(new), Metal Side Mount Covers(newly painted black...too small for Lester 600-19 tires), Timing Chain(used), 2 Vacuum Windshield Wiper Motors, Southwind Gasoline Heater, 1 Original Mirror and 2 new Mirrors(door hinge style), Warner Gear T 74-1 Transmission(3-speed w/ free-wheeling), 1 Axle Shaft.

If you need these parts -- please contact me by private messenger (going to my profile, sending a PM) and I'll give you Bob's phone #.

....Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

XLVIII.  A stroll through the ebay vintage auto parts aisle today comes up with a few things. The above Timing Chain, an Axle Shaft for a 30s Peerless or Marmon, Generator for a '24 6-70, a Solid Brass Gear Shift Knob (not originally on Peerless cars, but I've never seen one and it's a neat item), and a couple of Stromberg Carbs that may go on Continental-engined Peerless Sixes. The most unusual is a perfect Etched-Brass Reproduction of an Engine Serial Number Plate for a 1929 Peerless Model Eight-125 for $375.00. 

That's a lot of money, but it's a beauty. I have a little trouble figuring what the market is for it, though. After studying Peerlesses for nine years, I find the 8-125 to be one of their greatest models and perhaps the make's biggest enigma. They are CCCA Classics, have great size, power and presence, and were built in numbers nearly identical to Duesenberg numbers. The enigma is that there are only six left that we know of.

• 4 months later...
Guest Doug 30 peerless

Hi. I've just purchased a standard 8 30 peerless . I need a inside door handle.  Two hood clamps. Fuel gage.   Two large 3 inch octagon hubcaps for the fender spares.   Just wondering how many 1930 peerless s were made and how many are left.  Thx d

Hi Doug, 

Welcome to the AACA Forums! I don't know where any of those parts are, unfortunately. The record of surviving Peerless cars and trucks, KPAIE, shows 352 or 353 vehicles. Only about 28 of all 1930s straight-eight Peerlesses built are known to still exist....so yours is a little on the rare side. Just short of 4,000 1930, 1931, & 1932 Peerlesses were sold. What state, province or country do you live in? I only know of 8 or 10 Standard 8s. still around. Sorry to not write back earlier, but I've been on the road for awhile[at the Cozy Corner Cafe in Winnett, MT]. 

----Jeff

Guest Doug 30 peerless

Hi Jeff.  Thx for your knowledge.  I'm in the Fraser valley. Bc.    Canada.   One hr east of Vancouver.  Bc.   2.5 hrs north of Seattle.  I haven't measured the wheelbase yet. So it could be a custom 8,.  It was advertised as a custom 8.  Is there another way of telling if it's a custom 8??    Vin no is a10314  Thx Doug.  

According to my records: 1930 Peerless--all Continental engines

Standard 8  85 hp   118" wb    3 speed trans.

Master 8    115 hp   125" wb   3 speed trans.

Deluxe Master 8   115 hp   125" wb   4 speed trans.

Custom 8  120 hp   138" wb   4 speed trans.

Custom 8 sedans had cigarette lighters and ash trays in the back seat

Free Wheeling was an option 

Hi Doug,

Now I recognize the car. Your Peerless was in the Willowbrook Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge showroom in Langley, BC for some time, and is red & black. That V.I.N., if it's the "Car Serial Number" visible on the plate on body sill/r.s. under carpet, as Peerless used to call it, is telling you it's the 314th of 2,003 Standard Eights, or Model "A"s, built for 1930 and 1931. Beautiful Count Alexis de Sakhnoffsky-designed motorcars. It took me 8 years to find where that car was....after finding a photo on the web back in 2006.  ----Jeff writing from Fort Benton, MT

LISTING OF MANY PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR SALE ON EBAY THROUGH "KITTYCOINS".  WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE A LOOK.....

FRAMES, AXLES, WHEELS, SHEET METAL PARTS, ENGINE, TRANSMISSIONS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE

MOST ITEMS FROM A 1929 PEERLESS

QUESTIONS CALL GARY AT 937-776-0222

Edited by 1927 S (see edit history)

Thank you for posting this, Brian. I looked through the ebay listings today and saw bell housings, a transmission, 3 nice-looking chassis', 3 heads for six-cylinder engines, what may be a 1918 radiator and shell, and a complete Mod. 6-81 engine for sale.

*** [NOTE: 2nd engine mentioned in post 100 is a partial Peerless V-8 engine. I looked at the ebay photos and tracked the motor serial # down to being a Series 7. Probably dates to about 1922, and this was among the last 2,000 of about 24,000 Model 56 engines constructed.]

Hello Doug 30 Peerless I am from Ontario and own a 1929 8125. Several interior pieces have been reproduced for me by Mike Butters out of Cobourg. He also did the work for Dan Johnsons 1929 8125 which was completed this year. Call me for his number at 416-786-2654

John Knight

Hi , I was fortunate to buy the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold from your parts hoard . Please advise a price for the 18C engine and do you have a split rim for the 18 inch wire wheels on my car. One of mine is missing .

Regards

Peter South Africa

• This is an exceptional offering of Peerless parts by one of the leading Peerless collectors (Posts # 98-105). Make sure you go back to Post #98 one page back to see the contact details {Telephone Number and e-Bay Merchant Name) that 1927 S has provided.
  • XLIX.  On 7/9/16, drwatson listed a 1926-1927 Peerless headlight for sale on the AACA Buy/Sell Forum with photos of the part and two great Peerless Co. photographs.

peerless7.JPG

1927 peerless 8-69.jpg

Boat Tail Roadster with 332 Cu. In. Vee-Type Eight _______ Style, Power, Beauty: Dual exhausts, 4-Barrel Carb, Aluminum V-8 Power! What three grand would buy you in 1927.

26 Peerless head light.jpg

Boattail Roadster with 289 Cu. In. Six ______ Two ladies taking a test drive with a couple of salesmen in the rumble seat. "$2,195 + freight, tax and $150 extra for the disc wheels and it's yours!"

• 3 months later...

L.  FS on E-Bay right now, a long-term sale rather than an auction: a Peerless Dashboard with 3 football-shaped Instrument Gauge Clusters (1 porcelain/2 beveled-glass). Weighs 12 pounds, cost : over $200. My guess is that it's for 1924/25 6-70, 1925-27 6-72, and possibly 1927 6-90, 1928/29 6-91, 1925 8-67 and 1926-28 8-69 Peerlesses. It's about 41" long and has places for: 

• Speedometer (frozen at 5mph)
  • Odometer
  • Trip Odometer
  • Ammeter
  • Oil Pressure Gauge
  • Water Temperature Gauge...missing
  • Fuel Gauge
  • Waltham Clock...missing
  • Ignition Lever (intact)
  • Lights Lever (intact)
  • Key (Delco switch)
  • Peerless Eagle Insignia

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LVI. Teens Peerless V-8 Engine FS. On the Buy/Sell Forum, Posted by: "Buffaloed Bill". Thread: "Engines, Engines For Sale". Location: Enumclaw, WA.

By the serial no., appears to be from a Mod. 56, Series 3. A 3rd party posting. If you download then look at the 2nd list of engines, seller calls it an engine from a 1917 Peerless. No prices or photos there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anthony Cartonio of Maine has told me that he would like to put some parts up for sale from his father's collection. When I get more information I will list it here. If some cars are put on the market from Ralph's collection, I will list them on the "Peerless For Sale Department" thread.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

LX.  Looking at ebay motors, I see 2 new condition Boyce motometers w/ dogbone bases and Peerless logos are FS, as well as 3 hubcaps, several radiator badges, a Peerless tire pressure gauge, and a genuine Peerless/Buckeye jack.