Hershey Weather

Bill Boudway

Not to alarm anyone, and the forecast for next week still looks great, but...I did see this from the Derry Twp. Police Department FB entry for this afternoon (Wed., 9/28/11); please update/correct if need be--again, do not want to adversely affect anyone's plans, just want to have news that all is/will be ok, especially after this afternoon's weather...

Derry Township Police Department

The Swatara Creek is predicted to spills its banks sometime this afternoon and crest well above flood stage later this evening. The prediction is open to change depending on the amount of rainfall the area receives through the day.

Deja-Vu right

I'm 70 miles south of Hershey and we're stuck in a evil rain votex. Even raining with the sun out right now. How on earth am I to pack all my worldly possessions and get them in the trailer today in weather like this.....????

Oh don't cry for me I did buy a road crossing guards rain coat this summer at a yardsale... water beads off this thing like a duck.

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

Guest RedRock

Man, you've got that right! I'm 60 miles southwest and it seems like it's been raining everyday for about six weeks! There must have been a few sunny days in between because I was able to cut the grass. Looks like maybe showers on Wed but nice from then on.

Hoping, hoping, fingers crossed,etc.......

Got into the campground last night. It is soggy but okay. The owner has added more gravel to the sites that needed it. It rained off and on last night. It is 49 degrees right now. I forgot my heavy coat with a hood so we went to Kmart and I got one at 20% off **yea** and some gloves and a hat. So I am set for any kind of weather.