last minute hotel at hershey?

Guest joe buick

I would also suggest the Lancaster area, I do not know the link but they must have a visitor center there. We stay there rather than try to stay in Hershey area for three reasons:

Hotels do not seem to jack prices up Hershey weekend in Lancaster.

You can eat quicker in the evening.

It is an easy 30 - 40 minutes drive door to door.

We usually stay at the Lancaster Fairfield Inn, clean and comfortable, but they were booked this year due to a non-Hershey event; however we had no issue getting an alternate. In my experience the area hotels are plentiful and there is usually some room available. Plenty of nice restaurants also. You will see some Hershey folks, but if you can't get enough old car atmosphere and need to be surrounded by fellow meet attendees at dinner you won't get that as much in the evening. Only downside I can think of...

The first three years I went to Fall Hershey, was merely a visitor, no car to show, the couple who took me over and I rented rooms in Wormleysburg, on the west side of the Susquehanna, along 11/15 (or close to it); they were reasonable price-wise, and not terribly far to travel. Used to get up around 5 am, and go eat at the Bob Evans (which unfortunately I'm sure will not be open this time around due to Lee's flooding...). Though it's been 7-8 years, should still find some things in that vicinity...

Guest joe buick

Hey Guy's

We got a room at the Howard Johnson on e chocolate, they said it's close to the show!

225.00 a night for 2 nights.

Thanks for the help.

Joe C.

I've stayed at the Hershey Lodge for over thirty years , not because I 'm wealthy but because I skrimp all year . In reality , the rates are only a few dollars more than the others ( 20 - 30 dollars per night ) and the accomodations are very high quality . Shuttle bus right to the door all day long and decent eats at four on location restaurants . The hot tub and pool are the topper after a day on the fields .

At one time you had to be vested but I've noticed vacancies the past few years . Someone didn't tell them about the recession .

If you choose to try them , request a walk out room on the first level . Nostalgic and easy access .

Edited by ozziewynot
sp (see edit history)