OK, HOW OLD ARE YOU?? FUTURE OF LZOC

Mssr. Bwatoe

Well I just turned 55, (being a newbie here). I have had my 42 LC Coupe for over 20 yrs. Have been a inactive member with LZOC off & on for a while now. Just getting enthused again with the old gal (the car, not my wife), would like to get involved more with the club, as I know alot of familar names from years past are passing or getting able to do less & less for there clubs. Quite sad to see!. I did drop my membership with the LCOC about 8-10yrs ago, after I was unable to show my 71 MK III at a West. meet after unforunately I was about an hour past the entry time to put it on the field, ( it was quite a long drive for me), anyway kind of ticked me off. I would like to attend the West. LZOC if held in OR, but I see where its also listed in the LCOC website that it is to be held in CA, will see. Its hard for some of the West coast guys (I think) who are still working for a living (not retired yet, if ever) to get to active in these clubs because most everything takes place several states away. Would love to go to the LZOC winter swap meet, but can't go to PA. Anyway just my thoughts on the club, no compaints, I understand why events are held where more of the members can attend, besides the weather is so much better in CA than our wet Pac. NW weather! Take care

Guest Jim_Edwards
Well I just turned 55, (being a newbie here). I have had my 42 LC Coupe for over 20 yrs. Have been a inactive member with LZOC off & on for a while now. Just getting enthused again with the old gal (the car, not my wife), would like to get involved more with the club, as I know alot of familar names from years past are passing or getting able to do less & less for there clubs. Quite sad to see!. I did drop my membership with the LCOC about 8-10yrs ago, after I was unable to show my 71 MK III at a West. meet after unforunately I was about an hour past the entry time to put it on the field, ( it was quite a long drive for me), anyway kind of ticked me off. I would like to attend the West. LZOC if held in OR, but I see where its also listed in the LCOC website that it is to be held in CA, will see. Its hard for some of the West coast guys (I think) who are still working for a living (not retired yet, if ever) to get to active in these clubs because most everything takes place several states away. Would love to go to the LZOC winter swap meet, but can't go to PA. Anyway just my thoughts on the club, no compaints, I understand why events are held where more of the members can attend, besides the weather is so much better in CA than our wet Pac. NW weather! Take care

You have accurately described the "curse" so to speak of being West of the Mississippi where everything can be quite a distance from anywhere. Many of us don't even have a local club organization of any nature close enough to attend monthly events/meetings without it being an over night issue. Realistically spending $250 or more each month for motel rooms, fuel, and meals to attend club meetings and events is not logical for anyone who is not retired and verging on being sloppy rich.

Thank goodness we have the Internet that allows us to stay in contact with other vintage car owners and provides an avenue for finding information and parts we need.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see I'm not the youngest in this group, as I'll be hitting the big (so they say) four-oh early next year.. I plan on keeping my '47 LC Convertible as stock as possible for as long as possible (as long as I'm able to find the parts and knowledge to do so)... Though my good friend, and previous owner of the car was a member of the LZOC, LCOC, and the CCCA I have yet to join during the four years I've owned the car... Mostly because of the expense involved, but also because I felt I was not the "target audience" for those clubs...

this forum has been my lincoln club, I don't speak up often, but I can usually search and find the answer to any question I've yet to have...

Guest Oldschoolgent

21 here--new to the forum and AACA. I'm certainly not at the point in my life where I can afford a classic car of my own, but I have a passion for them (always have). After college and grad school I will start to think about actually purchasing one, then two, then three... :cool: The first classic I do buy will be a Lincoln, I know that for a fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Im 43 and from Stockholm Sweden

Just bought myself a 1938 Lincoln Zephyr that needs a lot of work.

I think it Will take 7-8 years if I can find the parts I need.

I Will recive my car in februari I hope.

I need:

Grille

Fender skirts

Rear trunk for a 3w coupe

Seat for a 3w coupe

I may be coming over for the turkey Rod run

Stay cool

Jocke Sandberg

Guest NintendoKD

I am 27, and while what I have is some certainly unique ideas, I would love to own and restore one of the classics. Hot rods are kool, don't get me wrong, but they have their place. I recently ran into a couple here in SOCAL that is the second owners of a model A, yeah, I thought huh? how is that possible? car was sold here in cali and the couple still drives it regularly, and it is in great shape. I would love to be able to how off one of these beauties to my kids when I get to be old and gray, and I don't mean as just a sunday driver.:cool:

Guest LINCOLNBIRDS

hi guys my father is 84 a charter menber of both lcoc and lzoc i am 52 and have been dragged around to many lincoln meets

i have just bought a 40 conv love it paul willson