1934 Dodge Sedan barn find

Guest superods

Guest superods

Found this four door sedan in a barn here in Ohio. It was resored 25+ years ago then stored in the barn 20 years ago. Though in a good state of repair when put away, the unseen issues are the concern. Those could run the cost up so as to be prohibitive. What is a fair price for this car? Any input on price as well as comments on possible issues would be appreciated.

post-51362-14313867018_thumb.jpg

post-51362-14313867019_thumb.jpg

Vey desirable car.

The junk one are bringing to much money.

There is an old boy in Wash state that has one in a container that is disassembled that he wont take 10 thou for.

This one looks to be a two door, Even more desireable.

Hey Jack,

Very nice find.

Something like this in Australia would sell for around $15,000 to $20,000.

A swap meet I went to saw a 1934 Buick ( I think ) pulled straight from a barn and it didn't even make it through the gate before being snapped up for $14,000.

Looks like a 2 door as said before so yeah very nice.

Headlight needs fixing and mascot gone ( perhaps ).

Whats the little meter attached to the sterring wheel ?

Any how grab it ! and more photos please !

Ian

Found this four door sedan in a barn here in Ohio. It was resored 25+ years ago then stored in the barn 20 years ago. Though in a good state of repair when put away, the unseen issues are the concern. Those could run the cost up so as to be prohibitive. What is a fair price for this car? Any input on price as well as comments on possible issues would be appreciated.

I guess this is not a significant point, but when I read the title of the thread, I assumed this was an old car parked in a barn - a REAL barn, one ordinarily used for farm purposes. Looking at your photos, this looks to be a shed/garage constructed in fairly modern times and was probably constructed for the purposed of storing vintage cars. I'm to the point that I am suspicious of the term "barn find" nowadays. It is so overused.

I get excited at the thought of a genuine barn find. Your car is very nice and desirable, I guess, but it does not fit into the category of what I would call a "barn find."

Hey Jack,

Very nice find.

Something like this in Australia would sell for around $15,000 to $20,000.

A swap meet I went to saw a 1934 Buick ( I think ) pulled straight from a barn and it didn't even make it through the gate before being snapped up for $14,000.

Looks like a 2 door as said before so yeah very nice.

Headlight needs fixing and mascot gone ( perhaps ).

Whats the little meter attached to the sterring wheel ?

Any how grab it ! and more photos please !

Ian

That thingy on the steering column just below the steering wheel is the radio dial head. You can see the radio box up underneath the dashboard.

• 3 months later...
That thingy on the steering column just below the steering wheel is the radio dial head. You can see the radio box up underneath the dashboard.

Yes I have one of those radios, in very good shape , dont know if it works yet but it was in my 33 PD, now its goig into my 34 DR