New project-------1955 66C

progoofoff

Looking great!

Here's a funny story related to that car: a few days ago I got the following email from Bob ---

Willie,

Back in 2000 you had a 2 way power seat switch.

Do you still have it/

My man has mis-placed mine.

Bob

(How in the world did he remember that)

I got up and went out to my shop, picked up up an old tail light lens and there it was. (for those that have been to my shop it was the shelf in the corner by the well)

I never throw anything away, but I do forget that I gave something away...that's the usual reason I cannot find something.

Hopefully the switch is serviceable and is the last 1%...If not I have 4-way you can borrow.

(It took longer to find that in the house, since it had been subjected to the wife's filing system)

Willie

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys,

Here`s an up date.

The Landau was on display all week at the Auto Fair.

The `55 concept won AACA senior.

The Convertible did quite well with AACA first junior on Saturday.

On Sunday, won best of show at the Carolina Chapter BCA.

Also competing with all the best of show winners from all the local clubs, received !st runner up.

I caught Brian Depouli and Nick Seybold walking around.

post-30661-14314183586_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143141835891_thumb.jpg

Edited by progoofoff (see edit history)

The Landau was on display all week at the Auto Fair.

The `55 concept won AACA senior.

The Convertible did quite well with AACA first junior on Saturday.

On Sunday, won best of show at the Carolina Chapter BCA.

Also competing with all the best of show winners from all the local clubs, received !st runner up.

Congratulations Bob, great job with some great cars.

We all love you Buicks.

Darn! I've got to make this show.

Nick & Brian are having way to much fun.

We did have fun!! AND you do need to make this show!! We took my '38 and the '41 Super Sedan he had and got them up on the banking and snapped a few photos. Nick took them so when I get copies I'll post.

Bob Dever in our chapter took home best unrestored car for all of Autofair for a 64 skylark (featured in the Oct 2012 Bugle) and BCA John Looney was Best of show for the GSCA chapter's display too with a 70 GS (also pictured in the same issue).

Edited by 38Buick 80C
spelling (see edit history)

In summary, from this

100806d1316687739-new-project-1955-66c-right.jpg

to this, in just a little over a year!

162267d1352400155-new-project-1955-66c-mvc-001l.jpg

Granted Bob, a great paint shop and and a modern day gypsy upholsterer named Carl did most of the heavy work. but you my friend orchestrated the whole damn thing. You are such an inspiration to us all Bob. And my personal hero.

In summary, from this

100806d1316687739-new-project-1955-66c-right.jpg

to this, in just a little over a year!

162267d1352400155-new-project-1955-66c-mvc-001l.jpg

Granted Bob, a great paint shop and and a modern day gypsy upholsterer named Carl did most of the heavy work. but you my friend orchestrated the whole damn thing. You are such an inspiration to us all Bob. And my personal hero.

....and I can't see how anyone could disagree with this.

Great summation Lamar and a great Buick, Bob.

• 9 months later...

I visited ol' cod over the holidays and had a very pleasant evening with him and his wife Linda. He's moving just a little slower these days and instead of old cars, is putting together huge puzzles with little bitty pieces. But he can still put 3 pieces of puzzle together to my one. Don't think the Century vert won the National Award but there are plans to bring it Charlotte in April. If you think the Century looks awesome in pictures, you should see it in person. I offered to take it to Portland for him but not sure if he "heard" me. :)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 1 year later...