Hitch a ride?

Guest 36chev

This is a very unusual and perhaps risky request, but will anyone be going to Hershey on Wed. or afterwards, going North along I-81 close to the TN/NC/VA border (between Bristol, VA/TN and maybe Blackbsburg, VA?) and be willing to have a rider?

I was originally going to go up on Tuesday with my brother and father, but have just discovered that I am committed to a meeting on Tuesday night at the college where I'm employed. I'm begging to see if someone else could be there to be a representative for the meeting, but not holding out a lot of hope on that panning out. I don't want to hold them up on setting up our vendor's spot on Wed. morning. I'll ride back with them. I'll be glad to help with gas expenses.

Of course I may drive up separately. If I do that, where could I park my Ford Ranger pickup from Wednesday through Saturday? We have two vendor spots and camp on one of those with parts on the other, so no room for the truck.

36Chev...you may want to contact the Appalacian Region in the Bristol, TN/VA area to see if any members could assist you.

Antique Automobile Club of America Appalachian Region

Thanks, Peter. An excellent suggestion. I'm a member of the Twin County Region over in Galax, VA and have asked our members, but not heard back yet. This region is smaller in number--I know a few that are going but they are also leaving on Tues. Actually now live much closer to the Appalachian Region, but have stayed a member of Twin County.

Edited by 36chev (see edit history)

Situation resolved. I was able to talk the administration into postponing the meeting until the following week. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

36chev...

Think I can speak for the whole of the AACA Family that your tenacity to get to Hershey is admirable. None of us wanted to see you walking or hitch-hiking up I-81. (Heck, I don't like driving up I-81 let alone shoe leather express...)

Regards,

Peter.