Peerless Sighted at Rally in Belgium

jeff_a

July 30th-31st, 2011

Philippe and Claudine Mordant in their ex-John Hollansworth 1926 Peerless Model 8-69 Speedster. This was taken in front of the Chateau Bleu during the Rally de Chateau Bleu. The rally involves two days of driving in the Ardennes border region. Rally entry fee is about 155 euros, which I believe includes a room and meals if anyone wants to pop over next year! I think this small rally drew about 20 cars such as pre-war MGs, an MGA, an MGB, an Austin-Healey, an Amilcar, a 1959-ish Corvette, and some unidentifiable pre-war cars.

Photo by Kevin Huyghebaert

post-49853-143138666164_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

post-49853-143142624871_thumb.jpgPhoto of 1926 Peerless V-8 at the triennial Circuit des Ardennes in July, 2014. Philippe Mordant at the wheel. This year's running of the Circuit was somewhat rainy. Dozens more pictures of antique cars and motorcycles on this tour are on a "General Discussion" Forum thread by "gilletman" called "circuit des ardennes" about July 12th.

Worth looking at if you want to see a 1929 LaSalle, a Fiat racer, some Fords, some Packards, a Stanley, a 4-cylinder Cadillac, a 1903 De Dion Bouton, a Dodge, a Delage, twenty Bugattis, an Overland, and an open Rolls-Royce slogging it out in the rain, too.

Photo Credit: Benjamin Lesage Photography

• 2 weeks later...

I think someday this 1926 Peerless ought to run against the 1917 Peerless Green Dragon in the Hemmings Motor News Great Race. Next year The Great Race will be from California to Missouri along route sixty-six June 20-28. I realize this would be an expensive undertaking with fuel, support crews and travel. The entry fee alone is $6,500 corporate/$5,000 individual. But, both cars were set up by the same person{Great Race legacy John Hollansworth} and both are green and yellow, so that would be neat to see.

If you haven't seen this re-created 1917 Peerless racer owned by Hagerty Insurance, the August Hemmings Motor News has a small photo on page 53. The only green car on the page.