How late on Saturday?

Guest Klayfish

Guest Klayfish

If I wanted to come to the meet as a spectator, how late on Saturday will everything be open to the public?

My anniversary is just a couple days after the meet. Plus it's my wife's birthday a week before that, and she turns the big 4-0. So I was planning on taking her to a salon in the morning for whatever it is she likes to do. No...can't do the Hotel Hershey salon...it's super expensive. Once we were done, I wanted to try to head on out. No...she wouldn't be mad...she likes old cars too. :D By time we get there, it would probably be about 3pm or so. Was hoping to walk around and check everything out, then take her to a nice dinner somewhere.

But if we get there at 3pm, will we be too late?

If you don't get there until 3 you will risk seeing very little. I believe they release the folks with show vehicles starting at 3. In the event of severe weather, if all judging teams have returned their judging sheets to the administration group, sometimes for safety they release people earlier than 3 rather than risk someone getting struck by lightning as there are many large trees around.

Absolutely. It would be better to go to the meet in the AM as early as possible. Then maybe stay over Saturday night (when you might again get a hotel room), wash up and have a nice dinner then and maybe some sort of salon on Sunday. 3PM Saturday is almost just a waste of time for you. Todd C

The first three years or so when I didn't bring my old car, I made sure I was at the entrance to the show field no later than 6:30 a.m.! Sure, most of the cars pull in later, but I didn't want to miss a single one.

To me, the greatest car show parade on earth is Fall Hershey as they're pulling in (I guess there are two entrances, so figure out which one is best!). And up until about 2-3 pm, you should see the vast majority of all the cars, barring inclimate weather. But yes, if you want to see cars, do not get there in the afternoon--you won't have time to see them all, and by 3 pm, a goodly portion of the field is likely to have left.

Guest Klayfish

Thanks for the replies everyone, good info. The wife's 40th b-day has to take precedence over everything else, so sorry to say we'll have to miss this year. We can't go on Friday and we only have the babysitting from Sat afternoon until early Sunday morning. Have a great time at the show!