Hershey flooding concerns (9/7/11)

starfireelvis

Apologies if this is inappropriate, but I saw the Facebook notice about the AACA Museum closing temporarily due to the heavy rains and flooding in the Hershey area, and I was alarmed to see some video footage just now (8:45 pm EDT) on the Weather Channel indicating just how bad the rains are and the threat of flooding (and apparently the reality of it) is.

Less is my concern (at this point in time) for Fall Hershey activities, my main concern at the moment is that the good people of this entire region are faring well, and withstanding the rains as best we can.

Again, apologies if I am out of line here--some things, however, are larger than proper etiquette on an on-line forum, so if I'm called on the carpet for my concerns, so be it...

Hopefully this can be a thread to update the situation as it is transpiring.

All my thoughts and prayers are with you people in the area, and for those who are in the Hershey region at this time.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest billybird

Mike: It is always appropriate to care about, wish for the safety, and pray others. In Boone, N.C. yesterday there was 6.5 inches of rain. Your post was well worded; I'll back you up on this one friend.