Please identify this circa 1920 car.

Guest jondusek

Guest jondusek

I have three photos of the same car. One is from the side, one near the driver's door, and the other at an angle to the front. The photos were taken in the early 1920s. Please help me identify this car.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

post-78763-143138651659_thumb.jpg

post-78763-143138651671_thumb.jpg

post-78763-143138651682_thumb.jpg

Edited by jondusek (see edit history)

There are two different cars here, although they both Lexingtons. The car in the centre pic has different hood louvres and would date from the late teens - maybe 1917 or 1918 - whereas the other car looks to be a 1922 Series T on the 128" wheelbase, the only year for that model according to The Standard Catalog.

The first car (the one on the left) is a model 34 Marmon. They are not the same car. Note the Marmon's structural running boards.

It matches Bleach's photo right down top the carriage bolt heads on the running board splash apron, so I think it's a Lexington...perhaps a different year. I see no slanted hood louvers on Marmons when I look at photos of them.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Lexingtons also had structural running boards.

The car in photo 1 and 3 both have the same spot light hanging from the windshield so they are the same car. The car in photo 1 and 2 have the same headlights so they are the same car. Since the car in photo 1 shares attributes from photos 2 and 3, they are all of the same car.