1928 Cowl Lamps

humber349

I know UK Buicks didn't have cowl lights, but I like them and would like to fit them to my car.

Mine need restoring, and there does not appear to be a reflector behind the bulb. Is that correct or is there something missing please?

I am also missing one glass lense if anyone has a spare one please.

post-71527-143138649279_thumb.jpg

There are no reflektor,but there are a lens retainer that hold the lens in right possition.You can use a lens retainer from model 20,26,26s,27,29,47,47s,48,50,51,54c and 58 and a lens from the same models if you have a 20 model,also a bracket door from those models.

Leif in Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have one almost complete lamp (the steel retainer ring that retains lens unfortunately rusted out completely), but has nice lens, bezel, steel body and retainer "V" clip with screw. Unfortunately I have found out that it is not matching those on my Master model, as with everything, it is smaller. Also the sockets are slightly different, on my Master model is the bulb socket inserted into the female steel part riveted to the main body of brass, while on this small lamp is bulb socket directly inserted into main body with no obvious fastening. Let me know if you are still seeking, I can part with this one.

For my Master I need one restorable bezel, lens (nice to have) and the retainer "V" clip with screw.

Edited by pepcak (see edit history)