how to show

tcslr

Tom,

I am sure others will post also, but you have passed the deadline, mid-August, for showing this October. If you have never been to Hershey, I would say come without the car and learn the process. The actual judged meet is Saturday. Other activites the week prior. Also, I think you may not be an AACA member, so you should join as only members can show their cars. Also join the local chapter. I am nor sure which end of PA (or the middle) you live, but the AACA spring meet is in Wyomissing next May. You should be ready for that. That's my advise for now.

John

Guest billybird

I believe the deadline to register was Aug.20th. I don't know if you have ever shown at an AACA National Meet, but since you said you were green as grass I will give you some info that applies to all National Meets incuding Hershey. First you must be a member of AACA. Second, every other month when you recieve your magazine there will be a card on the sheet in the plastic with the magazine. On this card will be listed all upcomming AACA National events. Simply check off the one or ones you wish to know about and the info will be sent from HQ. Fill out the card contained in that mailing, enclose appropriate fees and send to the address on the card and poof; you're registered. Be aware there is always a deadline for EVERY meet. You can also register online but I've never did it that way. Someone else can help you with that if you are intrested. Hope this helps. l

Guest 1929model75

Tom sorry it is to late however I have my Model 75 roadster registered I invite you to stop buy and introduce yourself anyone with a 29 Chrysler is a friend of mine. Look forward to seeing you in Hershey Chris Chervanka

tcsir, Just an additonal bit of information. You do have to be a member of the national AACA to show at the National Meets, but you are not required to be a member of a local Region/Chapter to show. It is just a great way to make new friends in your area and learn about our club from those that have been members of the national club, some for many years.

By all means if you can come to Hershey do. You can go to the Judging School and learn about how we judge before you bring a vehicle next year. And you can also take a CJE (Continuing Judges Education) course on a subject like chassis, engines, interiors, exteriors, tires, etc. to learn more about that particular part of the vehicles. There are many CJE courses to choose from.

Sorry you missed the deadline to show but it doesn't mean you shouldn't come have a good time with the rest of us. :D

Having never done it, how does one show a car at Hershey? is it too late? I have a nice 1929 Series 75 Chrysler.

Thnaks in advance for guidance to someon who is green as grass.

Tom

Tom...Welcome to the AACA Forum!

Matt, John, and, billybird have good advice...attend Hershey this year without a car. I am quite certain you will leave with a wealth of information and hopefully we can welcome a new member.

On the grounds there are staffed Membership Booths located throughout. As you walk around you will also see many AACA affiliated Tents & Booths of which folks can assist or put you in the right direction for questions about the club.

(Where are you located in PA? I am in the Reading area.)

Regards,

Peter J.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)