1930 Chrysler 70

Guest oilpan

Guest oilpan

Anyone out there know how I can tell if the 1930 Chrysler Model 70 4 door sedan I have is a Phaeton or a Royal Sedan and where can I find a shop manual for this car? Any help would be appreciated. I've included some photos. A diamond in the rough for sure.

Thanks,

Art

post-78582-143138644059_thumb.jpg

post-78582-143138644061_thumb.jpg

post-78582-143138644062_thumb.jpg

post-78582-143138644064_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Now you no why I need help. The engine looks to be a flathead six?

It should be a flathead six. You will not find a shop manual because there was not one available for the 1930 Chrysler. An "Instruction Book" can be found on ebay once in a while and that will be about it for mechanical information. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks below on the "Chrysler" forum. Email me for more information. John

keiser31@charter.net

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

You could look out for a Motor's Auto Repair Manual. It's a fairly decent book that covers many makes and models. Depending on the release date, you may find one that covers your year model. I found a few at some garage sales for really cheap.

oilpan (Art)...Welcome to the AACA Forum. I moved your thread here. No big deal however the "Forum Questions" section is for navigational queries, posting photo problems, etc.

Thank you,

Peter J.

Guest oilpan

Not interested in selling right now. I'm just interested in finding out some information on it. Will a 1931 Chrysler shop manual work for a 1930 if the vin number is past P116. I was told that there was a transitional period and if the vin was past that number a 1931 manual would work?

Not interested in selling right now. I'm just interested in finding out some information on it. Will a 1931 Chrysler shop manual work for a 1930 if the vin number is past P116. I was told that there was a transitional period and if the vin was past that number a 1931 manual would work?

The 1931 manual may give you the best information available although there may be some differences. I believe that the basic engine information should be about the same.

• 2 weeks later...