Can you help identify these hubcaps?

Guest mjw

We found 5 hubcaps in my dad's shed. I don't know what car they are for. Four of them match. The 5th is slightly different. There is the number #8026 on the back of the covers. Is there any value? Thank you.

post-78308-14313863471_thumb.jpg

post-78308-143138634716_thumb.jpg

post-78308-143138634721_thumb.jpg

post-78308-143138634725_thumb.jpg

Dodge Royal Lancer 1956,57,58 are very similar if not the same, however I think the 58 is the only one to use the cars body color painted in the inset.

D.

Dodge Royal Lancer 1956,57,58 are very similar if not the same, however I think the 58 is the only one to use the cars body color painted in the inset.

D.

Kinda what I was thinking and that's what it looks like it the books I have.

I agree with the "DODGE ROYAL LANCER"

Yes, 14" is correct for 1957 and 1958, BUT

the 1956 model DID have 15" wheels / wheelcovers (hubcaps) with a 4-bar spinner as pictured - back in '59 I had a pair on my '49 Pontiac convertible

The 55/56 hubcaps are different then what is pictured and have a smaller spinner,I have about 20 of the 55/56 versions that dad collected plus the four 58 aftermarkets he bought years ago. I did notice on the aftermarket versions the hubcap is made of chromed steel where I would think the OEMs were made of stainless except for the spinner part.

I have a pair of 58 royal lancer caps on my 60 belvedere. they look the same but my center picture shows the knights helmet facing right with a lance pointed the same direction...mine are white instead of the red or black pictured

• 7 months later...
Guest snyderguy

I have a set of new 57 lancer covers, but they aren't painted-could that have been added by a previous owner???