1949 Buick Sedanette

Thor

Hi Gang.

I am looking for a '49 two door sedanette. I would consider any model. I would prefer a driving project car but again am open to consider just about anything.

I only have about $7K or so to spend. I would be interested in trading my daily driver, a 1960 Chevy Bel Air two door post as well. If you have the car I'm looking for, or can direct me to it PLEASE drop me a line.

My email address is; shaugen@precoinc.com

Thanks,

Thor

New Richmond, WI

post-42671-143138632864_thumb.jpg

post-42671-14313863287_thumb.jpg

Yeah...I love the '49's. In my opinion one of the finest looking automobiles to ever be designed.

Thanks for the compliment on my Chevy. From the firewall back it is still in its original paint.

Thor

You said you love the '49 Buick because of the way they look and you would consider any model but are you aware that the '49 Special is different than the '49 Roadmaster and Super? The Roadmaster and Super were redesigned for '49 and the Special wasn't. The '49 Special looks the same as the '46 through '48 Special. Here's some pics of the '49 Special that I sold recently. For more info check out the August 2010 Buick Bugle. Good luck.... :)

post-59416-143138634088_thumb.jpg

post-59416-14313863409_thumb.jpg

post-59416-143138634092_thumb.jpg

post-59416-143138634094_thumb.jpg

Lebowski,

I did not know that - thank you for the info. To clarify, I love the look of the Supers and Roadmasters - art on wheels.

60electra225, I already had checked out the ad on the HAMB that you linked to. The car has been sold.

In April, I missed a Super off of Craigslist in Minneapolis by about two hours. The car was complete and looked to be in good shape. The owner was asking $1,500 for it. As soon as I saw the ad I called but the owner but he said that he already had a tentative deal but that I should check back in a week or so. After one of the longest weeks of my life I called him and my heart sank. The new owner had driven up from Texas and had picked up the car the day before.

Here is the one that got away...

post-42671-143138634377_thumb.jpg

Have you checked Ebay lately? There are two '49 Sedanettes on there. This one is a super rusty Roadmaster in Florida with an opening bid of $495 and no reserve....

Buick : Roadmaster | eBay

And this one is a restored Super in New Mexico for $19,500 or best offer. This one is a stick and the rusty one has an automatic. I know that you're probably looking for something in between but I figured you would at least like to take a look at them....

Buick : Mod 56-S Style No. 49-4507 | eBay

I also did a search on the nationwide Craigslist site and there weren't any 2 doors on there....

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)

Lebowski,

Yep, I check eBay everyday. The blue Super looks really nice but it is well north of my price range. The Roadmaster must have just been listed today. I also use www.crazedlist.org to check Craigslist nationwide most days as well.

Thanks for the heads-up about eBay. The hunt is all part of the fun.

Thor

Edited by Thor
corrected typing error (see edit history)