FS - 1948 Roadmaster Sedanette Parts Car - $500 - Chicago Craigslist

Malo48

WOW! That's a 46 Grille. This might be a 46 Roadmaster Sedanette. A VERY RARE model not seen much today. Someone should grab this and complete it with the multitude of 46-48 Buicks that remain. Except for some trim parts, this car has a supporting cast of several 46-48 Super and Roadmaster 4 door models to get it back on the road.

Someone should also transfer the contact information to hard copy in this post in case it drops off CL. Finally, this would be very desirable to a hot rodder at this price and once it's gone, it's gone.

This 48 Roadmaster Sedanette is listed for parts. Engine and Manual Trans are good as are many small parts and body parts such as hood, doors, front fenders.Check pics. This was bought so we could finish the car we built for ourselves, too nice to crush someone can use these parts. Call 708-704-6052 if interested 500.00 OBO<!-- START CLTAGS -->

Someone should also transfer the contact information to hard copy in this post in case it drops off CL. Finally, this would be very desirable to a hot rodder at this price and once it's gone, it's gone.

Great idea - I copied the info down to paper just in case someone needs it.

I don't have anywhere to keep it, otherwise I'd have bought it.

Malo,

Me neither. I have a 73 Buick and at least 6 coming in in the next 4 months. If I am not mistaken this should be close to Chicagoland Buick folks. He says $500 OBO so basically crusher price.

Here we go again. The cost to restore (time and money) means one more may be crushed or parted. Seeing this daily now.

I just called the seller and it is a rod shop that needed the rear "pan" for another car for a customer. They cut it off. (Trunk pan?) He is sending me photos. He said the front fenders, doors, body is nice but rear quarters (fenders?) are not good. Said it runs and drives and they drove it up on trailer when they picked it up from New York. A buyer gets everything except what was cut off, meaning full running drivetrain, interior, excellent front clip (except grille but I think Pete has one) core interior to work with.

It kills me. The customer who is doing a 48 Roadmaster HOT ROD is willing to spend untold number of $$$ to bring a perfectly restorable, rare, potentially beautiful bodystyle "classic" flagship Buick from NY just to finish his rod (taking one specific part off of it and ruining an otherwsie sound 46 Roadmaster) , yet would not consider doing an original car probably because his friends all have "rods" purchased with their retirement funds and he needs to keep up with the jones' :mad::confused:

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Bryan,

I'd be interested in seeing the photos when you get 'em. I really hope someone snags this and can nurse it back to good health, ideally.

Frankfort is very close to Chicago - I had my '48 trucked to a depot there and drove it home.

Maybe I should edit this subject line to correct the year?

-Mike

Guest 48buickkid

somebody save it i love the 46-48 body lines i wish i could save it but it would need glass and have to be mechanically sound so i could replace my 87 cutlass supreme with it

Bryan,

I'd be interested in seeing the photos when you get 'em. I really hope someone snags this and can nurse it back to good health, ideally.

Frankfort is very close to Chicago - I had my '48 trucked to a depot there and drove it home.

Maybe I should edit this subject line to correct the year?

-Mike

Mike

I wouldn't edit the line because I think those who love the early post war sedanette Buicks love all years of them. So far no photos from the shop.

I'm imagining....ugly, but maybe it can be saved. If it's a Hot Rod shop why didn't they just fabricate a solution rather then damaging an old car?

Bryan,

-Mike

Mike

I have the photo set so email me if you would like to see the back end. Needs rear pan, rear fenders (fenders are there but need replaced.)

Not so good of a price. Now this is an example of the opposite extreme where the seller wants probably too much and we don't even know if it's a four door or not but it would probably yield parts for the other car or vice versa.