1937 Special dash color

Guest stephenson1937

Guest stephenson1937

I'm restoring a 37 Model 44. the dash had been painted over. I have found a section that appears to be original. It looks to be a dark brown simulated wood-grain. Does anyone know if the metal around the windows would have been painted this wood-grain? Does anyone have any knowledge about how to re-create this wood-grain appearance?

Thanks

Larry

Pose your question on the the Buick forums on this website and someone will have the answer. I would recommend that you see if the Buick dealer's brochure is available either online at "the old car manual project" (google it) or get a printed version of the brochure. Many times the interior is pictured or there is at least an artist's rendering. Joe

Larry, The attached image is from the 1937 Buick sales brochure. Sometimes the sales brochures differ from production, so it's best to look for factory photos or original cars as a restoration guide. Also, there could be a difference in the dash finish between the different Buick model series. Grandpa

post-52807-143138628017_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a 37 McLaughlin Buick Special and the wood grain also goes around all the windows. There are kits available to do this . I can get the name of the kit if you require