cars parked in street 1920s

adam1982

If someone has the technology to turn it on its side and then grab some closeups it might help. I think the touring car in the centre between the T roadster and the T centre door sedan is an early 1920s Premier. Looks to be nothing there later than about 1925.

If someone has the technology to turn it on its side and then grab some closeups it might help. I think the touring car in the centre between the T roadster and the T centre door sedan is an early 1920s Premier. Looks to be nothing there later than about 1925.

That touring looks like a Paige with the diamond shaped emblem and the "V" shaped headlamp bar.....

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Why is there a big square sprinkled over the cars? [or is it the pic?]

The sedan right at the top back could be a Hudson/Essex.

Manuel in Oz

The spots look like water spots on the photo. The car in the upper left looks to be a Hudson or Essex, too with the "front opening" doors.

The upper left car is not a hudson, look at the rad it goes right to a point, Its very interesting. The upper right is not a hudson iether as the hood shutters end to short of the rad. I think the bottom right car is a hudson limo from the late teens. There are also mabey two Essex 4's one open car withe the top downin the middle far left, next to the T, and another sedan facing the bottom in the middle left bottom of the picture.

A verry cool picture

Paul

It always makes me wonder what people were thinking when they parked the way these old pictures show. There is a picture of Michigan Ave. in Chicago that was taken in 1928. The cars are bumper to bumper on both sides of the street. No way anyone could pull out unless they literally pushed the cars out of the way. Actually I can't even imagine how they parked that close in the first place. It's no wonder that good fenders are hard to find! :eek: Terry

Guest prs519

What is that dude doing in the back of the pickup which seems to be going down the road? In my old Dykes (like later Motors) manual, under the chapter advising on how to run a service station effectively, there is a paragraph stating that "one should not scrape the cars against each other while moving them about" (not verbatim quote, but close). Tell me they did not exercise common sense back in the day!

Guest BobD735

I believe the car, second to the right of the T Roadster, with the disc spare tire, is a 1922 Chalmers Touring, and the car directly behind it, a 1917 Chalmers Coupe.

Guest BobD735

This is what a 1922 Chalmers Touring would look like from the rear, at ground level. The car in this photo has a spare wheel cover, an aftermarket tail light, and an added rear bumper.

post-53992-143138630014_thumb.jpg

Guest prs519

Manuel in Oz: I think I had better concede that the vehicles are stopped or in the process of coming to a stop. Also, if you look closely at the insignia on that guys class ring, you will note that it is from some high school in Pennsylvania. I cannot I make out the exact locality, unfortunately!

• 2 weeks later...

I am guessing they are parked between the street car tracks? I only see a very few cars with bumpers and since there are some big cars I am guessing bumpers were not a popular option? Only one set of white walls, not a Trippe light to be seen, and not a single dual side mount car... must be digitally altered...

Guest BobD735

Chalmers introduced "two bar nickeled spring bumpers, front and rear" in 1923, on their high end Models, the Sport Touring and Sedan. All other Models continued without that feature.

Manuel, I apologize if I took you in. One would have to know computer programs and enhancements much more than I to even imagine such resolution! Keiser is correct, but I

hope you get a smile out of it. Obviously, one cannot see a class ring while someone is picking his or her nose!