KNOX CARS?

Guest AZGEEZR

Guest AZGEEZR

Hello! I am a newbee. Where do I go and/or with whom do I connect to learn more about Knox motor cars?

Thank you,

You might try the Horseless Carriage Club, LaJolla Region. There is a gentleman by the name of Eric Roseneau who lives near Ramona, California who has or had one. He surely has studied them and can possibly give you some information.

• 1 year later...
Guest postwarnut

AGEEZER -

First consult Henry Austin Clark, Jr.'s seminal text, Standard Catalog of American Cars: 1805 - 1942. It has a decent bit of information on the Knox as well as quite a few pictures and break downs for the different model years.

Also, check out this video by the Historic Vehicle Association on a Knox out in Central California:

For more information check out Google books on the internet. They have scanned in, a couple of periodicals from the early years of automobiles that very well could have references to Knox.

Even further research may be conducted over on the Crittenden Library at The Crittenden Automotive Library @ CarsAndRacingStuff.com. This gentleman has scanned in quite a few early automotive resources.

The Horsless Carriage Gazette has an online index to their magazine that can be extremely helpful for finding old articles written on the Knox.

These are just a few to get you started! Let me know if you are still after more sources and info. I am currently doing research on a 1909 car and come across quite a bit of good sources for these early cars!

Best,

Casey

• 10 months later...

We have two Knox automobiles at the Seal Cove Auto Museum, a 1903 Model C and a 1904 Tudor Surrey that was built for E.H Cutler, President of the Knox Automobile Company. The 04 was later owned by Henry Austin Clark Jr., and is the same one featured in his postcards and prints.

See if you can find a copy of "Knox Automobile Company" by John Y. Hess, that will give you some information. Naturally, a visit to Maine and the Seal Cove Auto Museum would be the best.

post-69114-14314240189_thumb.jpg

post-69114-143142401929_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I am a newbee. Where do I go and/or with whom do I connect to learn more about Knox motor cars?

Thank you,

Eric Haartz who owns the Haartz Corporation, makers of convertible top material in Acton, Mass, owns a spectacular original 1910 water-cooled Knox. Perhaps he could send you a photograph or suggest further information.

I do not have a direct contact for Eric, but if you try on their website and indicate that you are interested in Eric's old cars, the message might be forwarded to him.

I'm sure he's a member of the Horseless Carriage Club, and his contact information ought to be there as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Eric Rossenau is deceased. Billy Sandvic, his son in law is now running the restoration business.

GLong

Thank you very much for this information. My thoughts and prayers go out to Eric's family and friends.

• 1 year later...