1970 Riviera project $2000 in Texas

Pete Phillips

I just went and looked at a 1970 Riviera that is for sale near me, and told the guy I would get the word out. Car is in Bonham, Texas and seller has owned it since the mid-1970s. Engine and transmission were completely rebuilt in 2000 by a very reputable local shop--I know the shop owner and can assure you that he does things right! The 455 has new pistons, cam, lifters, rod & main bearings, rings (bored .020 over), motor mounts, new carburetor, new alternator, new master cylinder, new fan clutch, new radiator, new cam bearings, new freeze plugs, new timing gear, new oil pump, rebuilt water pump, new brake shoes, new wheel cylinders, new wheel grease seals, new driveshaft carrier bearing, new flywheel, new brake hoses--the list goes for four typed pages, totalling $5,100 in the year 2000. Car has been driven about 30 miles since then, and he starts it up every month or so, but is unable to complete the restoration due to finances. The car is originally from Lubbock, Texas so no rust underneath, but there are rust holes around the edge of the windshield. Windshield was removed and got broken, so no windshield in it now. Original interior needs a lot of work. Car has the factory 8-track tape player, factory A/C, tilt steering wheel, bench seat, power windows, cruise control, and the high compression 455. Most of the trim is off the car and in the trunk, including the fender skirts. Car needs paint, upholstery, and rust repair around the windshield.

Owner wants $2000. Car will run and drive with a battery, but will need to be hauled due to no windshield. It is a running project car or a great parts car. Engine and drivetrain worth the entire asking price.

Serious inquiries can contact me and I will put you in touch with the owner, who has no computer.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

post-32059-143138614954_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138615002_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138615046_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138615092_thumb.jpg