1920s Lincoln, what year, etc/?

Guest prs519

Guest prs519

post-59258-143138609995_thumb.jpg

post-59258-143138609998_thumb.jpg

post-59258-1431386100_thumb.jpg

post-59258-143138610002_thumb.jpg

post-59258-143138610005_thumb.jpg SOLD SOLD SOLD

post-59258-143138610007_thumb.jpgCan anyone tell from these pictures, the exact year of this Lincoln. Also would be grateful if someone could say the range of years for which these chassis parts would properly interchange? I have listed this in the buy/sell forum as a parts basket for anyone needing anything it may have. If interested, my email is prs518@live.com or 208 569 2837. Car is in Idaho.

Edited by prs519
CAR IS SOLD (see edit history)

Pointy headlights started about 1927. This has the older drum shaped lights.

The spare steering wheel and col appears to be about 1940 Ford.

Is there a front axle? If so front brakes arrived around 27 as well.

HTH

Manuel in Oz

Car is a late 1925 to 1926 Model L Lincoln. Clues are the size/shape of the hubcap, the instrument cluster on the dashboard, and drum head lights with distinct radiator shell shape. ModeL L Lincolns share many chassis parts between these early years, not so much as engine parts. Note the down draft carb arrangement for this car. Must have been a necesscity.

With a bit of patience, this could be a neat speedster project.

There is a Lincoln Owner I know of looking for a trunk rack. The picture is cut off: is the rack still on this car? PM me for contact info.

Check serial number on left side of Aluminum crank case to the listed numbers at:

http://userpages.monmouth.com/~friartuck/lincoln/serial_numbers/serial_numbers.html

Also check on the front passenger side seat area for a brass tag that will show body type and body number. Coampare to infor at:

http://userpages.monmouth.com/~friartuck/lincoln

Chris W.

Edited by Friartuck (see edit history)

Guest prs519

Thank you, Gentlemen, I hope someone does make an offer with regard to making a

speedster project. The bell-housing, I should note, as fallen victom to some rot. I believe it

could be patched and believe the area is independent of where the crank case is. Any guesses As to what implement this may have been made into? Maybe a saw mill/ i NOTE

• 3 years later...