Fuel Pumps

padgett

Well I did find a difference between the 88-89 and 90-91 fuel pumps (in the tank) and it is at the bottom where the sock fits on. I *suspect* this would not stop someone from putting an early on a late or verse the vise but it is a difference. See picture.

post-31022-143138609197_thumb.jpg

Guest Recian

its unrelated to your post but this does pertain to fuel pumps. Does the pump assy (the whole part that drops into the tank with sending unit and all) in the reatta have metal fuel lines that come off that are about 3 ft long (similar to the astro van fuel pumps) or is it just a round drop in pump assy with connectors on the top for lines and electrical? Reason im asking is because if i do need to put a pump in mine i'd have no problem making an access hole in the floor (since it's covered by that hard rear carpet container section) then geting an access panel from a newer car, drill holes in the body, primer the body to prevent rust and screw the access panel over the hole

Well it keeps the sock just above the bottom. Have to kinda rotate in to clear the float and the sock the GM put tangs on the Oring to make sure it aligns and AC-Delco didn't so have to be careful big Oring is in place when tapping the ring.

May be a ring tool but one ear goes under the metal fuel lines so big screwdriver and small kerwanger.

Just measured and what goes into the tank is about 7 1/2" deep. Does have long lines but are flexible on 'vert.

Did have quite a time getting the tank back in, straps were just not happy, took two jacks at various places to kinally install. Might be easier with two people and a lift.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

deff metal lines as i have had to relpace it before, but be careful of the float as i kinda buggered it up when i put it back in and had to find a replacement sending unit, i did eventually find one but it was around $300 from my neighborhood oreillys. mind you that was about 3 years ago

Probably broke the wiper arm that grabs the float. I went through three different bad ones before I fond a good one (have to remove the float to disassemble and pastiic grabber just broke off of one and I was being gentle). If this fifty cent piece was just available...

post-31022-143138609898_thumb.jpg