1957 STUDEBAKER GOLDEN HAWK Supercharged -- BEAUTIFUL RESTORIATION!!

Guest tradetoyou

Guest tradetoyou

FOR SALE: A GORGEOUS 1957 STUDEBAKER GOLDEN HAWK SUPERCHARGED!! THIS CAR IS PART OF MY LATE DAD'S VAST COLLECTION OF ANTIQUE COLLECTOR CARS. I AM NOT A CAR EXPERT AT ALL. SINCE LISTING THIS CAR, I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY YOUR PANEL OF COLLECTORS THAT EVEN THOUGH WHEN MY FATHER BOUGHT THIS CAR, IT WAS REPRESENTED TO HIM AS BEING "FULLY RESTORED," YOU PANEL OF COLLECTORS HAVE ADVISED ME THAT IT IS PROBABLY AN OLDER RESTORATION. IT STARTS RIGHT UP AND RUNS LIKE A TOP!! WE ARE SELLING THIS CAR FOR $46,000 OBO. THE CAR IS LOCATED IN NORTH TEXAS.

THE CAR IS A STUDEBAKER 289 V-8 with a McCullock Supercharger producing 275 horsepower. In it's day, the Golden Hawk was compared with the Chrysler 300B, Ford Thunderbird and Chevrolet Corvette. 0 to 60 MPH was 7.8 and top speeds as 125 miles per hour. The Golden Hawk was one of the very first "muscle cars" As the final years of Studebaker, now Studebaker-Packard were coming to end, this design combined with state of the art engineering produced a magnificent statement for the company that started out making Conestoga Wagons.

post-77601-143138608961_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138608975_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138608989_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138609012_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138609032_thumb.jpg

post-77601-14313860905_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138609073_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138609096_thumb.jpg

post-77601-143138609121_thumb.jpg

Edited by tradetoyou (see edit history)

Guest tradetoyou

HI,

YES, THE STUDEBAKER GOLDEN HAWK IS FULLY RESTORED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS. THANKS, SHERRY

Apparently, "fully restored" has several different meanings that we as car folks are NOT aware of. Any car that has a filthy engine, ribbed hoses and aftermarket electrical connections is not considered fully restored in our eyes.

Guest tradetoyou

HI,

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S ADVICE ON THE "FULLY RESTORED," CONDITION OF THIS CAR. IT WAS REPRESENTED TO MY DAD AS BEING "FULLY RESTORED," BUT SINCE I AM NOT A COLLECTOR OR ANY KIND OF EXPERT ON COLLECTOR CARS, I JUST PUT IN THE DESCRIPTION WHAT WAS ON A DESCRIPTION PAPER THAT CAME WITH THE CAR. IT DID SAY THAT IT WAS "FULLY RESTORED." ANYWAY, I HAVE REVISED MY DESCRIPTION ACCORDINGLY.

Older restoration or not, the car is very nice. In checking the 2012 Collector Price Guide, a 1957 Studebaker V8 Golden Hawk 2 dr. Sport Hardtop (120.5" wheelbase) has a current value of:

Conditon #1 $48,000

Condition #2 33,600

Condition #3 21,600

Very few cars can be considered as Condition #1, so your car per pictures is probably a Condition #2. Under today's market conditions, you may have to deduct some from the above figures to make a quick sale. Others may offer additional ideas. Good luck - car is rare and desirable and a nice color combination.

Fred

The definition of "Condition 2" is a fully restored car ready to take to the show and win prizes. This one falls under the category of Condition 3. A very solid condition 3, and a very nice car to boot.

I agree.

Thought this car looked familiar....it appears to be the one that sold for $29,160 at the fall, 2010 Branson, MO collector car auction. Looks like "auction fever" carried the price of the car up some from the condition 3 price guide info quoted above (and caused bidders to overlook the totally incorrect seat upholstery).

Sherry states quite honestly that she isn't an old car person.... and I respect that. However, she might want to seek some objective advice from a qualified collector car appraisal service to establish the true condition of each of her late Dad's cars and their current pricing range, given the quality and accuracy of the restoration work done. Or, she simply might want to take the cars to one of the larger auctions. Branson is coming up again in October, I believe. Nothing like a well-advertised, well-attended old car auction to come up with the current market pricing (with the exception of the weird stuff that seems to happen at B-J and some of the other Arizona auctions!). John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

Good idea, but our knowledge of Studebakers would fit on a pin head! Our car museum in Canfield is open to the public every Saturday from 10 AM to 3 PM - Free admission. If coming from out of town, call ahead and we can usually get you in (except Mondays and Fridays). We just added a couple of cars ('63 Pontiac Bonneville HT and a 30 Model A Ford Tudor). Fred

See our cars at www.tpcarcollection.com

Seriously,not to hijack this thread but, if any of you have not checked out the cars on the TP website at the museum,take a few minutes to do so,they are all gorgeous! Be forewarned though ,Pavlov's dogs will have nothing on you,as you'll be drooling all over your keyboard.Wear a bib and lay a towel over anything you don't want drenched from your bodily fluids.Rich ;):D