Transport Companies

BearsFan315 said:
Yes we have exchanged emails :)

as you stated you took the scenic route up 13, nice ride, but slow and steady she goes. Shorter milage wise, but not any shorter timewise. Long 17 Mile ride across the bay, with two tunnels and nothing but water around you !!

I think I may hae found a carrier/ transport, he has a 4 truck fleet and specializes in transporting PROJECT VEHICLEs, as well as antiques, classic, and exotics. He seemd to very knowledgable about how to handle them, including the spare parts. Did some research and he is rated pretty high on the review sites for transportation. He himself is on the the actual drivers, as well as the owner.

Great ... :)

Always better to deal directly with who will be doing the transport

Good Luck !

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update everyone, I was able to find a gentleman to transport for me, he was making a run to my area to pick up a car and offered to pick up my veicle and deliver to me. Very good guy, great communication, and reasonably priced. And experienced at what he was doing. Delivered QUICKLY, actually had to have him push back a day so I could be there to assist with unload !! here is what Showed up at my house...

post-85332-143138998768_thumb.jpg

I know of one carrier I would definately not use. Poor communication. After 3 months and 2 trips right by my car never picked it up. How long is one suppose to wait??????

I've now signed on with Passport transport. I'll let everyone know how it works out. That's California to NY.

Now I'm looking for a shorter haul from Rochelle Park NJ 07662 to Warrensburg NY 12885. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer an enclosed carrier but if they can do it on a nice day I may consider open. Do I just go with one of the big guys again?

• 1 year later...

Sorry I weighed in late, but perhaps my post will help others make the right choice for a shipper. HANDS DOWN for East Coast transports I recommend Bruce Hall's Applewood Motorcar Transport (www.applewoodmotorcar.com/), a very professional outfit which handles new car deliveries for Lamborghini and all manner of classic cars for us enthusiasts. Applewood has hauled several of our AACA club members cars and they hauled my Terraplane up here to West Virginia from Roy Marks' place in Florida last year. For folks living in states from Maine to Florida and a few states inland, IMHO Applewood cannot be beat.

Edited by cmasonwhf (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest erietim

I used M J Parker trucking to move my car from Kansas city Mo to Erie pa placed my order on a Friday, car was in my yard on weds of the next week. 750 dollars. uncovered

Edited by erietim (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Envision Auto

This post is very interesting to me as I'm in the auto transport business. I am one of those extremely honest auto transport brokers out the, and understand everyone's concerns and am sorry to hear about some negative experiences with auto transport companies.

I can assure you that my company is different. It was built based on my own values and principals; a company I started after leaving another firm where I saw some issues and took it upon myself to operate in an opposite fashion.

I am very much into classic car shipping because of the type of clientele that comes with this type of auto transport. Most people I come across who ship a classic car are very knowledgeable about their vehicle, they understand my process when it's explained, and are just easier to work with.

There are a lot of bad auto transport brokers out there. There's a lot of bad companies in any industry, every type of business has it's bad apples. Everyone should be able to tell within the first 3 minutes of a conversation with an auto transporter whether or not they know what they're doing, if they're giving a realistic price, and whether or not they're just telling you what you want to here.

If you speak to me, I guarantee you will be able to tell the difference. I won't accept a job that I can't properly plan, or give a realistic expectation for. I will never be the cheapest option, because my drivers are of the highest quality. It seems like Trulyvintage is a great guy to work with, and I'd be happy to help fill a load for him whenever needed. In reality, brokers and carrier need each other.

People like you all who ship classic cars also need an auto transport broker. You need someone to give you the right answers, the right price, the right plan...someone to keep in constant contact with the car carrier for you. Someone to verify insurance coverage, to ask the right questions about loading/unloading your vehicle. Someone who knows what type of trailer should be used, and if the carrier has enough experience to properly handle a job. You need someone who works a 12 hour day (I always feel like it's a 20 hour day)...If I'm awake, I pickup the phone. No Sundays off here. Messages are always forwarded to my cell..I conquer problems head on, and solve them.

I always look out for my client's best interests, and have built my business around that principle. If you need an auto transport company, get an auto transport quote here. Don't let all of the noise you hear affect your decision..It's as hard to find great auto transport carriers as it is to find a great broker. Check me out. I won't disappoint.

• 3 months later...
Guest AKQJ9

I had a horrible experience with Passport Transport. The repeatedly lied to me about the route and when the would pick up the car. They delayed so long the seller had to alter his travel plans and stay home an additional week.

Even after all these delays I finally got the driver to promise I was the next stop, only to find out he found another car to pick up and would add another few days on to the delivery date. I raised hell and they grudgingly agreed to make mine the next stop. It ended with the driver chewing me out and refusing to take a credit card. Horrible communication, lack of follow-up, and nasty service.

• 4 months later...
Guest jim rosenthal

Passport has been fine, although their fees are at the higher end. I have also used Reliable, who own their own trucks and don't screw around with brokers.

A lot of the car dealers used wholesale transporters who are mostly Eastern European gangsters, frankly. Some of them are nice guys but some of them aren't. In this kind of service, you pretty much get what you pay for in terms of peace of mind. Car transports tend to slow down in bad weather, around peak show times for Amelia, Pebble, etc, because all the trucks are going out there with high-dollar vehicles whose owners are in a hurry. In car transport, it seems, the best services are provided by the very small operators and the very big ones. It's the ones in the middle and their brokers you have to watch out for. And, yes, ALWAYS use enclosed transport unless you really don't give a damn what happens to the vehicle. I mean, if it's a parts car, what the hell.

• 1 year later...
Guest Lornfours

I've used this company twice and had no issues: www.a1autotransport.com/info/classic-car-transport.php My main concern was getting an enclosed carrier obviously and they seemed more on the affordable side than some of the others I reached out to. Even still, I'd probably contact a couple different options before making a decision on which one to use. The prices seemed to be all over the place from what I recall.