What is it

Guest cattmann

Guest cattmann

This part came with a jack I purchased for my 1941 Chrysler royal coupe.Any idea what its for.Keiser wins hands down in his description.In the pics you can now see how it anchors itself to the rim and if the tire was indeed flat I could have pushed the thin part of the wedge between the tire and rim .Rotating clockwise with your tire iron allows the thicker part of the wedge to seperate the tire from the rim.Thanks keiser for the call on this part .

post-76252-143138587459_thumb.jpg

post-76252-14313858749_thumb.jpg

Edited by cattmann
more pics (see edit history)

Guest cattmann

No threads.If it is indeed associated with the jack ,I would guess at it being something to secure the jack in storage .The hole in question is the same size as the jack handle that the tire iron would maybe go into .The wedge part rotates to lock itself in place.I might go out to the garage and rmove the spare to see if it goes there.I am not sure where the jack was stored

No threads.If it is indeed associated with the jack ,I would guess at it being something to secure the jack in storage .The hole in question is the same size as the jack handle that the tire iron would maybe go into .The wedge part rotates to lock itself in place.I might go out to the garage and rmove the spare to see if it goes there.I am not sure where the jack was stored

Now that you describe it and said that about the jack handle, I think it may be a tire bead breaking tool. Just another wild guess.

Guest cattmann

I believe you are right on the money keiser.I just came in from the shop and I tried it on the original rims and it fit perfectly and I think it actually would break down the bead.

I believe you are right on the money keiser.I just came in from the shop and I tried it on the original rims and it fit perfectly and I think it actually would break down the bead.

Cool!

• 4 months later...