Re-posting my '52 Buick Super Convertible

retirednow

Guest shadetree77

Dave,

Looking good!! I'm jealous! I haven't turned a wrench in months. I've been freezing my butt off over here in Michigan! I have a nice, big garage with plenty of work space....but it's EMPTY. Good news is that we'll be going back to Georgia April 5 to pick up my cars and tools and drag them back up here. And not a moment too soon. I'm going stir crazy here!! Looking forward to seeing more progress when you get back. Take care.

• 2 months later...
Guest shadetree77

Dave, I bought one of those side mirrors for mine. They look really nice. Mine has been on there for about a year and still looks great. Only complaint I have is that the screw inside the bracket that holds the arm to the bracket comes loose all the time so the mirror droops. I solved the problem by taking it apart and putting a few dabs of BLUE Loctite on the screw. The blue stuff can be removed if need be.

Guest shadetree77
....those screws ...

Dave, I just wanted to make sure you knew I was talking about the SINGLE screw that holds the mirror arm to the door bracket. NOT the TWO screws that hold the bracket to the door frame. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got all of the bolts out to remove the remaining 3/4 nose. Will pull it next time my step-son is here. More drudge work today-hot as hell out too. Will spend the rest of the afternoon underneath doing yet more scraping and de-greasing

post-71610-143142593372_thumb.jpg

Edited by retirednow (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Congrats on the EBAY find Dave. Those things are hard to get ahold of. I looked for one for almost two years before I snagged one. I paid a bit more than you did though.:D You got lucky there my friend. Now I just hope the seller packages it well. I've heard some horror stories about that. Let us know when it arrives.

Thanks Guys! John, want to get the floors squared away before paint, so it's going to be quite some time. Robert, I really lucked out on the mustache. I got one of those e-bay e-mail alerts and jumped right away, especially because it had a buy it now price. I know what you mean about the mustache being fragile. I told them that and to pack it extra careful, According to Fed-ex, it will be here today.

Edited by retirednow (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2014 at 7:58 AM, retirednow said:

001.JPG Mustache arrived safe and sound. Seller did an excellent job packing (backed w/ wood slats, styrofoam, then bubble wrapped and put in a well marked box). Took me almost 20 minutes to unwrap it lol.

How long do you think it took the seller to pack it?! Glad you had a good seller pack it well. I have received 2 very nice 54 ones over the years that were broke to pieces by idiot sellers. Stupid ^$#%^(^@#^& think peanuts is all that's needed, I'd like to stuff every orifice of their body with them.   I am currently pulling one for a 54 Skylark and do not look forward to packing it. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...