French Car Museum Photos Needed

Is anyone visiting le Cite de l'Automobile (Schlumpf Collection) or the Musee Peugeot in France in the near future? If so, I sure could use a couple photos of one of the cars in their collection (of a 1921 Peugeot Quadrilette 161). Send me an email, and I'll tell you exactly what I need. My question involves the clutch linkage. None of these cars exist in the USA for me to refer to!

Thanks/Merci,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

While We have visited both Museums it was quite some time ago. The Schlumph in 1970 when the workers from the Schlumph Brothers textile factory had only recently taken over and the Brothers fled across the border into Switzerland. Attached are some very historic photographs taken during our visit.

We visited the Peugeot Museum three years ago and unfortunately I cannot find the photographs. It may take some time as my wife has some 5.000 photographs all in the one file from our 12 week holiday.

When I have some spare time I will see if there are any that could be of interest.

post-51681-143138597964_thumb.jpg

post-51681-14313859797_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138597976_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138597981_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

I am sorry about the quality of the photographs but they were taken a long time ago under very difficult conditions. The cars were all covered in dust most standing on flat tires. Lights were turned on and off at random to discourage photography. As you can see there were very few people admitted. We were extremely lucky to even get in. We could not use flash as that would have alerted those in charge that we were taking photos. A sure way to get thrown out.

oldcar

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

Thanks. A French collector friend has kindly phoned the Schlumpf collection to request photos, so I hope they come through. I made contact with the Mussee Peugeot, but their Quadrilettes are being shown now in China! The photos I need are pretty specialized: the clutch pull-back mechanism visible behind the flywheel. You need to crawl a bit under the car to see it.

Phil

• 3 months later...

I never did hear back from the Schlumpf collection (now the French National auto museum). Like most automobile museums, they're probably too short-staffed to assist collectors and restorers, though I thought this was a basic mission of museums. It took six months to get a reply from the National Automobile Museum (the former Harrah Collection), even after paying $35. I wish I could just buy a plane ticket!

Phil

I tried that, RU22, but the only images I get of the Quadrilette 161 clutch yoke are the ones of my incomplete assembly I posted on YouTube!

Phil

• 2 months later...