I need a 58 Edsel part badly! Column shift part

Guest 58_edsel_ranger

Guest 58_edsel_ranger

I am in need of a 3 speed manual shift collar and shift lever. We bought a 58 Edsel and have about $4,500 wrapped up in it and it is just a garage ornament. If anyone knows where a 58 Edsel is with a column shifter please let me know ASAP. We are not rich and we spent almost all our money getting the car and towing it home. I would pay someone a little to go to a local junk yard, pull one, and ship it to me. We can shift from reverse to first but 2nd is almost impossible to get to. I need the whole collar and lever. Any help would be great!

Guest 58_edsel_ranger

Thanks, that's what we are looking into right now. There is a car show on the second Saturday of July that we want to attend so the clock is ticking.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 58_edsel_ranger

The 3 speed Edsel column is not interchangeable with any other make or model. I was lucky and met a local Edsel nut. He has enough parts to build 2 or 3 Edsels. He had the column I needed and it was only $20 for the whole column. Thanks for the help. Glad I found that part.

The 3 speed Edsel column is not interchangeable with any other make or model. I was lucky and met a local Edsel nut. He has enough parts to build 2 or 3 Edsels. He had the column I needed and it was only $20 for the whole column. Thanks for the help. Glad I found that part.

Surprised that the column is unique to the Edsel. Glad you found your part, $20 sounds like a great deal. Good luck...... Jim