'55 Special 2dr Hdtp - FREE!

Guest ecna

I will be stripping a '55 Special 2dr Hdtp hopefully in the next couple of weeks. The drivetrain and suspension is all available. The engine has one head removed, but it's in the car. The dash and heater and underhood stuff should also be there. Glass, trim and interior will all mostly be gone. It is very rusty.

The car will be FREE to anybody that can come and take it away soon after it's ready. I'm located in Brewster NY. Let me know if you have any interest and I will give you more details as they become available.

Thanks,

Eric

I didn't get the car yet. I'm hoping to get it in the next few days and then I'll get some pics up. I'm just trying to plant the seed as I can't leave the car sitting around here long and I'd hate to just junk what's left.

My intention is to take what I need, not to get into selling parts for profit. My biggest concern is that the car cannot stay for long. Thus the free offer to entice someone to just come and get it. When I get it I will be happy to see if it has any of the parts you guys are looking for and let you know. Thanks.

Guest jimmyfloyd

too bad you are 3 hours away. My father has a truck and trailer and time, but I don't know if it would be worth the gas money to come get it to part out the rest. Will it have any documentation? I guess I can wait for pictures.

• 5 weeks later...

FINALLY! I got the car today. I spent the afternoon doing the rough cleaning to get the rat crap out of the way. The car does not have Power Steering. I will try and get some pics tomorrow. I'm going away for a few days, so I won't start taking my parts off of it for a while. The car is EXTREMELY rusty, but if someone wasn't too far away it would probably still be worth it to come get it for all the stuff I won't be taking. I am definitely taking all of the interior, front & rear glass, trim and rear bumper. If nobody takes the car or asks for anything else, I'll just take as much of the easy stuff as I can. Let me know if anybody needs anything that's not too difficult or would like the whole car. Thanks, Eric

Guest 53-54Nut

What Carburetor does it have 2bbl or 4bbl and what model?

If carter 4bbl I would be interested.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe... carb is a 2bbl

c0v3rr1d3 - I'm back and will start working on it this weekend. I'll let you know about the wheel