1939 Buick Jack Handle

Jolly_John

Hi, Gang. I am strongly considering producing an exact reproduction of the original 1939 Buick jack handle. This large handle fits both small and large series '39 jacks. I have an excellent original '39 jack handle that came with the '39 Buick I purchased in 1970. It still has the green paint on it, and will serve as the pattern for the manufacturer.

The handle I reproduce would have the specially-formed end for "locking" into the jack during use. My reproduction would also include the rotating tube hand spinner and swaged handle shaft. The handle won’t be finish painted, which enables the buyer to use the shade of green that matches the color of a '39 jack they may already have, or might buy in the future.

I have already done considerable work with the shop that would produce the reproduction for me. This will be a 100% made-in-U.S.A. part. The price of the reproduction '39 Buick jack handle will be $75, plus about $10 for shipping.

NOTE: I have not reproduced the handle yet, but do have the manufacturing details and cost confirmed. I would like to get a feel for the interest in the '39 handle before proceeding. I believe there is a need for this part out there....but only you folks can tell me for sure.

Please PM me, if you would be interested in purchasing one (or more) of these proposed '39 Buick jack handles. You would NOT be sending any money or committing to buy one at this time....rather just letting me know that you would be a likely purchaser.

If enough '39 owners step forward, I'll definitely do the reproduction project. I can get it going within the next 60 days. Regardless, I'll be sure to keep all who respond updated. Thanks. John in Wisconsin. BCA #7128

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

I have the jack handle, but how about reproducing the jack or providing a service to repair one. Mine is still good in appearance, green paint looks good, but it won't hold up a 10 pound bag of sugar, let alone my '39.

Right now I'm using it as a door stop in the garage. I wouldn't trust it far any other use.

• 1 month later...

Hello again, 1939 Buick owners! I posted this info about my possilble repro of the '39 jack handle about a month ago. This would be an exact reproduction from an excellent original jack handle. This handle is correct for all 1939 Buick series jacks. The price would be $75, plus shipping.

Thus far, I have heard from three '39 owners who are interested in purchasing one, if I go ahead with the project. I do need more than this number to proceed with making the investment in the initial run. Please PM me or post here, if you have an interest in purchasing an exact repro jack handle (if I proceed with the project). Your comments are also welcome. Thanks! John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)