What make of car is this?

K8096

!B+ccWdwB2k~$(KGrHqV,!jcEzKeFIc-YBM+p+!ls,!~~0_3.JPG

Looks like a custom body on about a 1929 car. This is a real odd ball. I can't even pinpint the radiator shell. Early model L Lincolns had a radiator shell like this car does, but I don't think it's a Lincoln. The Ryan Lights are throwing me too. It's not a Stutz or Franklin. Kissel?

Those tyres look like 5.25 or 5.50 section which would be about right for that time. The problem is that today many cars of that era have tyres on them that are several sizes too big.

I thought when I first looked at the radiator on this car that it was familiar. I realise now that the bottom half looks just like that on my 1929 Plymouth.

All,

Well I suspect that it may be a custom Kissel hearse for a number of reasons;

1. Kissel custom made large hearses when it was going out of business in the late 1920's.

2. Kissel used massive three-bar bumpers on its later cars.

3. The fenders on this car are identical to those on my 1927 Kissel. Note the seams.

4. Kissel used big Ryan lights on its cars starting in mid-1927. Mine has them

5. The windshield is NOT Kissel

6. The radiator could be custom. It is NOT Kissel however. It looks like a 1926-ish Chevy!

Attached is an unrestored 1927 Kissel pic which has same bumper, lights, and fenders. That's my 2 cents.

RON

post-58797-143138561588_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest SoKalKisselKnut

It looks like ether a S&S (Sayers & Scovill) or a Henney of about 1929/1930. These companies were mostly known for their professional cars (hearses, etc.), but they made limousines and a few other passenger-type vehicles on special order.

• 2 months later...