1953 Skylark wire wheels

Guest MetalMike

Guest MetalMike

1953 Skylark Wire wheels. Set of 4. 15 x 6.5 (which was for 1953 only! First run. All the later or reproduction wheels are 15x6) 5 on 5 bolt pattern. Manufactured by Kelsey Hayes for Buick. These wheels are very clean and in driver condition, pretty good for being almost 60 years old. These are extremely rare. I also have the original 2 bar spinners with all the original mounting hardware. They will need to be rechromed. Only thing missing is the red, white, and blue chips, which they make exact metal reproductions. I did have 2 sets of these wheels, and this set was my "keeper" set. One of the most beautiful wheels ever produced. $1100.00 O.B.O.

wire.jpg

IMG_9306.jpg

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

IMG_9327.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

IMG_9339.jpg

Guest MetalMike

Location, Mesa, AZ. 85210

Note: the 53 hubs do not have any guide pin holes, unlike the later 15x6 wheels.

Shipping doesn't sound to bad. Can you send me pictures to my e-mail.

I would like to get a better idea on condition of chrome. I would want to use them for a while with out fear of ugly rust coming out. Not looking for a set to restore. The alignment pin.... doesn't the 53 have them on the drum?

Thanks Again, Steve

superbuick@hotmail.com

Hmm, that's weird.

It shouldn't be a problem, just replace the rear drum locator pin with a bolt and pull the pin out of the front drum.

Nice wheels.

Hmmm. that's weird. Mike, why would the rear drums not have guide pins and the front have them?? And why not consider the originality of the car, rather than the wheels. A guide pin hole could be drilled purty easy....... (just wanted to be a smart-ass one more time today.

Bill

Hmm, that's weird.

It shouldn't be a problem, just replace the rear drum locator pin with a bolt and pull the pin out of the front drum.

Nice wheels.

Bill,

The front guide pin WAS pulled in my scenario.

Absolutely, you could drill a hole. But if you were going to use them as driver wheels, I would pull the pins. They can be reinstalled when you drill the hole and send them off to be rechromed / rebuilt.

Smart-A away ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Csteve300

MetalMike, do these rims require tubes? If they would fit my 1940 Century Phaeton I'm interested? What was the opriginal tire size on the 53 Skylark? shipping to 61822?

Thanks