1942 Lincoln Zephyr

Guest autostick

Guest autostick

I just found a 1942 2 door coupe Lincoln Zephyr in good shape. Owner claims there were only 253 of these made in this style. It has the original V12 engine, redone to original color interior upholstery, original was grey but repainted maroon, and the dash and window trim needs work. I was wondering what you guys think a fair offer would be on this car? I am attempting to post pictures but this is my first visit to this fine forum.

My other Lincoln is a 1963 slabside. Obviously the Zephyr is an entirely different challenge and opportunity, something I know nothing about. So what are the key questions about this model year? What are the weak points, mechanically or cosmetically, I should pay attention to? Any advice you can give me is most appreciated.

-Ken

post-75761-143138543592_thumb.jpg

post-75761-143138543595_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi do you still have the 42 coupe ? I'm looking for one. If you are interested in selling please let me know, project car is fine too. Thx Dirk

I just found a 1942 2 door coupe Lincoln Zephyr in good shape. Owner claims there were only 253 of these made in this style. It has the original V12 engine, redone to original color interior upholstery, original was grey but repainted maroon, and the dash and window trim needs work. I was wondering what you guys think a fair offer would be on this car? I am attempting to post pictures but this is my first visit to this fine forum.

My other Lincoln is a 1963 slabside. Obviously the Zephyr is an entirely different challenge and opportunity, something I know nothing about. So what are the key questions about this model year? What are the weak points, mechanically or cosmetically, I should pay attention to? Any advice you can give me is most appreciated.

-Ken