Who Made This 70s Skirt?

Guest hodad

Hi---I would like to find out who made this 70s flowered skirt.I lent it to someone and have not gotten it back,when and if I do get it back I can find out,but right now it is bugging me.Is there a way to find out? For some reason I picture the word 'Ladies' in the name,Foxy Ladies,Painted Ladies,something like that.I thought it might look familiar to someone.It is the skirt on the left.Thanks for any help.

70sfloweredskirt-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Straight eight

It might help to know what you were in when it was purchased, and from what retailer.

Guest hodad

I bought the skirt at the old Waldo Works,a funky store in the houseboat community in Sausalito,CA back around 1978-----I believe the company that made the skirt was Foxy Lady,located in San Francisco in the 70s,that name just came to me.The designer is Karen Alexander.I was hoping she still might have some vintage things left over from back then,but have not found any contact info for her.I just thought I would put the word out,if there is anyone out there who buys and sells vintage clothing,and comes across a similar skirt to this,please let me know!! Like I said,I lent it to someone and am not likely to get it back,but I really loved this skirt,it had a great 30s feels to it.Foxy Lady did a lot of dresses and skirts in the 30s and 40s style.There are a few of their vintage things here and there on Ebay,but so far have not found anything similar to this skirt!! It was a teal blue with white flowers,was a light cotten,linen, had a nice 'swirly' feel to it,and great 30s style details.Would love to find something like it! So if there is anyone out there who had some good leads on some vintage Foxy Lady skirts from the 70s please do let me know!!Thanks!