DA Windshield rubber needed

Guest MidTNDawg

Guest MidTNDawg

Uh-oh. LOL Surely you don't mean this will be hard to find. Well, there has to be something out there. Doug

Guest 1930

I would be willing to bet that many early models shared the same type of rubber so it might be easier than we think, I have not had the opportunity to look into it but have considered it and asked around a bit with no posative results. See what Joe did on his car or someone that has already been there done that. If you do find a suitable replacement or any info I would appreciate a heads up

Guest MidTNDawg

Thanks Vern, and where do I look for this? Does it conform to the curves without warping out of shape?

Doug

Guest 1930

The windshield frame I suppose maybe is in two pieces, I dont know. It would be nice if that were the case, how else would the glass have been replaced? Possibly someone here has dealt with this already. Bob I know you have a spare frame, do you see how the glass might be replaced?

If you do a google search on 3/4 tee rubber as Vern pointed out this is the first item to come up, 9/32 channel is what its made for, that could be cut or modified if need be.

post-48869-143138533566_thumb.jpg

Doug and Jason, I have not taken my windshield apart, but it appears that the frame is in two pieces held together by the plate where the windshield bracket pivots...looks like 2 slot screws, but mine are rusty so not 100% sure. I did get the windshield rubber for mine; I believe from Myers....I wish someone had the door rubber too, may sound weird, but maybe I can make the flat rubber pieces from old tire tube.

Guest 1930

Jack Carpenter reproduces the door stops ect and they are inexpensive but on the top and bottom door rubber your thought was exactely as mine was. with a tire tube possibly. I thought that maybe you might have noticed on that spare windshield that you had how it came apart

Thanks Jason on the door rubber info and maybe my thinking on the "tire tube" weatherstrip. Yeah, I have just stored the car basically, lost my job and doing anything to stay "afloat"....anyway, haven't touched the car in over a year now....so haven't done anything with my rusted windshield frame.