Value of 1926 Graham Brothers truck?

Guest John S

Guest John S

I am looking for any information on the potential value of a 1926 Graham Brothers 1 ½ ton flat bed truck. This truck was restored by my father and has been stored on blocks in a dry garage for over 20 years. It did run in the past, but my father did some additional mechanical work on it and never got around to redoing the timing. In addition to the truck, I also have a number of spare parts including an engine block, transmission case, rims and lots of smaller items. I also have a first edition Operation and Care Manual, Mechanics Instruction Manual reprint, and an Abridged Parts List book.

Several appraisers I’ve spoken to indicate that it might be somewhat of a challenge to determine a value given how few of them have come to market in the last few years. I’m grateful for any leads or information you can provide. Thanks!

post-75477-143138531603_thumb.jpg

post-75477-143138531609_thumb.jpg

post-75477-143138531614_thumb.jpg

post-75477-14313853162_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robb F

HI John,

beautiful truck... I have just purchased the same truck but everything that was made of wood is gone..rotted away. would it be possible for you to post some photos of the rear cab section inside and out so I will at least get an idea of what it was supposed to look like? I am new at this and starting from scratch. I dont even know where to look for parts. thanks Robb F

Guest ScottyM

Really nice truck. Where are you located in NY? I'm curious to see if anyone can pinpoint a value too.

My father and I are also in search of a left front fender for a '27 3/4 ton screenside in case anyone reading this thread as any leads on parts. You can PM me or Craig226 for more information. Any help would be appreciated!

Personally I would pay someone to get it running. It is hard to sell anything not running, just too many questions on the condition of the engine and expensive or impossible to transport. That said, for some reason people like projects (myself included). I am sure your father has 20K plus in the truck, not including his time. I have see a fair amount of them sold on ebay in the 6K to 10K range, always thought they were a great deal for the money.

• 6 months later...

here's some photos of my 1927 1-1/2 ton Graham Brothers. I can get more and also dimensions if you need. Also, Im looking for a hanful of parts for this truck.

1 front grease cap

1 door hinge

Both outer door handles

Correct North East ignition coil

1 inner door panel ? the panel is fine but it?s missing the chain for the window up/down

1 window wing nut

1 door upper cover. This is the cover that you have to remove to get the window out.

Both door guides

1 door catch (attaches to body)

post-81728-143138768822_thumb.jpg

post-81728-143138768824_thumb.jpg

post-81728-143138768826_thumb.jpg

post-81728-143138768828_thumb.jpg